Quantcast
Stropping Products Update/Info
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stropping Products Update/Info

Stropping Products Update/Info

1. The leather saga is over and it looks like we've come out good here. I've spent a lot of time messing with the leather to get it to work as I want it to. The leather is great but I found that it was a bit too dry to accept the Dupont diamond spray. The solution is to condition the leather through light oiling.

I'm extremely pleased with the results this gives in how the leather accepts and holds the diamond compound, in the feeling of surface draw provided, and in how I can load up on the diamond spray without worry of curling or buckling of the leather pad.

I've decided that as long as we can get this leather we'll be buying it and selling it and that I'll continue to condition it to avoid any potential problems. This is the best leather stropping product we've ever sold.

We now have the All-U-Need Strop Kit in stock but only in limited quantities.

2. I've decided to pre-charge all leather pads (both those sold in the kits and inidividually) with our Dupont 0.25 micron diamond spray. This means you get ready to go OTB - no worries about how much spray to apply - leather stropping surface.

In the case of the individually sold pads you can buy without having to purchase diamond spray initially making for a significant cost savings.

3. In stock in a very limited quantity are the felt pads, leather pads, & felt blocks.

4. Out of stock still are the diamond spray & chromium oxide powder. These items will be back in stock shortly.

Phew, the shipping cost to Sweden... $35.55. Well i guess the kit is worth it.
    -"we're gonna make gluten free lasagna"

Quote Originally Posted by Twistington View Post
    Phew, the shipping cost to Sweden... $35.55. Well i guess the kit is worth it.
    I know shipping is killer.

Thanks for the order though Dan!

[QUOTE=Dave Martell;48282] 2. I've decided to pre-charge all leather pads (both those sold in the kits and inidividually) with our Dupont 0.25 micron diamond spray. This means you get ready to go OTB - no worries about how much spray to apply - leather stropping surface.[QUOTE]

Dave,

I use my strop a little frequently, and have been giving it three or so squirts of spray each time before I put it away. Is that over-doing it? How often does the strop need to be re-charged?

Keith
    If you reach the age of 60 without becoming a curmudgeon, you haven't been paying attention.

[QUOTE=Keith Neal;48299][QUOTE=Dave Martell;48282]

2. I've decided to pre-charge all leather pads (both those sold in the kits and inidividually) with our Dupont 0.25 micron diamond spray. This means you get ready to go OTB - no worries about how much spray to apply - leather stropping surface.

Dave,

I use my strop a little frequently, and have been giving it three or so squirts of spray each time before I put it away. Is that over-doing it? How often does the strop need to be re-charged?

Keith

Hi Keith,
    I can't recall, do you have one of our strops?

Yes. Your strop and the .25 micron spray.
    If you reach the age of 60 without becoming a curmudgeon, you haven't been paying attention.

Well I guess it wouldn't have mattered who's strop it was for me to answer "yes" that's way too much diamond being applied. I tell people to apply only when you feel like the strop's not doing what you want/expect it to be doing or that it's not working as it once did. Anything more than that is a waste.

Thanks for straightening me out on that. I figured if some was good, more would be better!

As an old engineer friend used to say about most improvement ideas, "Better is the enemy of good".

I am resisting being a cheapskate and buying a leather pad alone because someone surely wants the whole kit and has the money right now to buy it. I just spent my money on other crap.

+ Reply to Thread