Any ideas about Perceval chef knives?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaoa

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I am a chief cooker in Singapore and I am looking for chief knives. I really would like to have a good quality product.
I find an hotel and restaurant supplier name Fuluxe and would like to know if you some feedback concerning this company and the products they sell?

They seem well reputed for their tableware.

For chef knives, a fantasy steel name and no hardness rating at that price level would only be considered OK with makers that are far more famous for exceptional performance.

The maker recommends steeling as a maintenance method, which hints at a rough-use, soft blade that will indeed need frequent steeling.

If you like french style, french made knives, consider K Sabatier or Thiers-Issard Elephant (four star) Sabatier. Far less expensive and considered a good choice in that style.

If you are not sure what style you want, take the questionnaire please.

Couldn't agree more. Just in case you're looking for a carbon blade with French profile, consider a Misono Swedish, or, even more traditional, a Herder 1922.

Ditto. It might be an excellent knife with excellent steel. It might be just a glorified cheap sabatier in X50. There really is no telling when they're not willing to disclose the steel or the hardness. At 430 euros for a gyuto... there are plenty of excellent proven options that will guarantee satisfaction. This is just a wild gamble.
For me the the full-size bolster would be a turn-off as well, but that's more up to personal taste.
If you want something French (style) I'd probably dig around K-Sabatier; they have some stuff in more modern excellent steel. Or dive down the Japanese knife rabbithole.

Ah yes - full size bolsters on some of them. Makes steeling and sharpening them correctly - and you will need to do so in a pro scenario - much more difficult and involved than necessary.

Someone, presumably this poster, revived a 7 year old thread over on Cheftalk to make an almost identical post on the same day this post was made. Different username but almost identical post so view this one with caution.

Hi everyone !
For my part I live in Singapore and I am a professional chef.
I found a supplier 2 years ago (Fuluxe) which sell me chef knives.
The chef knife I use since 2 years come from the brand Perceval and I am really satisfied :)

Not sure how to insert the actual link but this was the post. Username was RachelShuang and it was the first post by that user also. Also totally off topic.

I have their 942 steak knives, which are quite nice. Looks count as well as sharpness, etc. for table ware. But if I were in Singapore I'd be looking at Japan for a chef's knife.

OP, Head over to RazorSharp at Outram and check out their range of j knives.

@WildBoar no it isn't - no one here would consider a full bolster knife of unknown steel and hardness for such a high price if he had only heard of the maker through an advertisement :)

Got some of the nicest mosaic pins on production knives i give them that

Back