Cracked wa handle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K813zra

Reaction score
One of my knives seems to have developed a crack in the handle (spine side). It is not very wide nor does it look very deep but it is 3/4 the length of the handle. Any suggestions on what I should do to prevent the crack from getting larger? I had read an older thread on this subject and the only advice I saw was to oil the handle, let it dry and then fill the crack with thin CA super glue. Does that sound reasonable?

My worry is that it is directly in line with the tang and that it will get worse over time but I don't know if that worry is founded. I am hoping that this will not be an issue in the near future as the knife is only a few months old and the handle is rather comfortable. Yes, I realize that wood is prone to cracking but when I noticed it my heart still skipped a beat.

Any suggestions? Am I overthinking this? Mark it down as stuff happens and re-handle it if/when the need arises?

Thank you.

My concern would be the blade coming off the handle and hitting my foot, or worse, the floor. If I thought there was the slightest chance of this happening, I would rehandle it. Otherwise, I don't sweat the small stuff.

Not the best photo but the best I can do at the moment.

20170208_204540_zpsfllkogbr.jpg

Back