what you eatin' today??

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
got killed at work, picked this up on way home.

pound sign.meal-of-a-chef

WP_20170209_00_12_41_Pro%202_zpsr9uddkcw.jpg~original

thank you micky dees for offer the grand mac! and that box is not nuggets, but a side of extra pickles.

I hear those new macs are no good ese. I'm a chicken nugget man myself.

also your candle game is tight.

My mom in law is here.... so I'm getting home cooked Catalan food.... so simple, so good. Had a bacalao, garbanzo, kale stew for lunch, leftover Tortilla with Pa amb tomaquet (bread with tomato and olive oil) and some escalivada (toasted bread, cooked eggplant marinated in oil and garlic, roasted pepper and anchovies.... to die for!)

Nice thread.

Fridge is kinda empty, so wife & I did a simple white rice (turmeric for colour) topped with crispy fried eggs, and plenty of green Marie Sharps. Some white cheese on the side. Call it a night and I'm hungry again..

Love the sounds of the Catalan food. Did you get some pig hocico? I'd love to get some traditional paella, or some cochinillo! There are no decent spanish eateries in Scotland...

Panda, how's the new Big Mac? Hasn't arrived to the UK as far as I know. The big mac is one of our guilty pleasures... They are kind of addictive and cheap!

Jealous wish I had mcdnalds, I'm doing a seafood tom yum inspired fried rice dish, Prawns and red snapper, thai eggplant, some sort of mini bok choy thing, forget its name now, kefir, lemon grass, chiles, chili oil, green onion, cilantro, prawn shells, galanga etc etc. Ive made burgers three times this week so I decided to introduce some veg to my system

Jealous wish I had mcdnalds, I'm doing a seafood tom yum inspired fried rice dish, Prawns and red snapper, thai eggplant, some sort of mini bok choy thing, forget its name now, kefir, lemon grass, chiles, chili oil, green onion, cilantro, prawn shells, galanga etc etc. Ive made burgers three times this week so I decided to introduce some veg to my system

You eat THAT and are jealous of MCD?????? (Says the former employee of MCD LOL)

Sauté of green beens, red pointed pepper, apple & raisins, with some honey and cinnamon. Forgot to take meat out of the freezer last night. I feel like a dirty vegan now. :(

dinner tonight is leftover boston baked beans heavy on the pork belly, atop calrose.

shoot, I just finished eating when I saw this thread, so no pics. Piece of toast topped/ dipped in leftover osso buco-style braising sauce. Oh, and a dried fig.

Yeah it's a shame Brian that given all the snow you just got that you and your family didn't have a 'nice' (soggy) "pizza" jacuzzi (I'm using code here) to hang out in instead of eating great pizza for dinner (wonder where I grew up) ... maybe next time get delivery (a long way by hay! worth it for the sauce bath) ... :threadjacked:

Ooooooh, NOW we got a problem, cake-pizza boy! :lol2:

This should degenerate quickly ... :pizza::pizza::pizza::pizza::pizza::pizza::pizza:

Short on time and fighting off the end of a cold so leftover turnip greens, potatoes and a whole bunch of fresh cut fruit...fresh cut with a Dammy Blue 2 Tanaka...that didn't turn to rust when I cut it...yes, I am 100% convinced the cladding on the Tanakas has been replaced with something much better...looks similar but reacts completely differently.

Short on time and fighting off the end of a cold so leftover turnip greens, potatoes and a whole bunch of fresh cut fruit...fresh cut with a Dammy Blue 2 Tanaka...that didn't turn to rust when I cut it...yes, I am 100% convinced the cladding on the Tanakas has been replaced with something much better...looks similar but reacts completely differently.

As to pizza, call me fair weather but I like both NY and Chitown pizza equally depending on location. But that BigMac has to go:rofl2:

If you ever want to try the best Chicago style deep dish skip the tourist traps and go to pequod's pizza

All the good pizza around here is made by non-Italians. My go-to pizzeria is owned by a guy name Juan. Chicken and vodka sauce slice, followed by chicken cutlet and bacon. Second place is owned by Albanians who make a killer grandma pie with bacon.

Ribs smoked in a Pit barrel Cooker with Cigar City smoked jalapeno lime sauce kicked up with grated ginger, homegrown yuzu and Big Island Honey. Leftovers from family Super Bowl party.

IMG_1651.jpg

got killed at work, picked this up on way home.

pound sign.meal-of-a-chef

WP_20170209_00_12_41_Pro%202_zpsr9uddkcw.jpg~original

thank you micky dees for offer the grand mac! and that box is not nuggets, but a side of extra pickles.

Too close to home man

Puttanesca here too, with spaghetti and "Italian" sausage. The sausages sold as Italian around here aren't bad sausages, they're just not ... Italian. Gotta start making my own.

What all NY pizzas taste like
i've had pizza in sicily made with ingredients from their own farm cooked in a brick oven probably 100 years old, and while phenominal, i still think brooklyn plain cheese pizza is the best i've ever had. they say it's the water, what ever it is, it can't be beat. i dont care too much for chicago style pies.

that being said, i like how the stereotype of non americans eat healthy while murcans eat junk food holds true :D

tonight while not as busy (but the bar got crushed after dinner service so same sh*t, not even time to smoke), plus i had way more prep work to do so it was mac 'n cheese with fried chicken tenders and a banana.

and no i will not let go of le grand mac. it might be an asian thing, i've never met an azn that doesnt like them. if they don't, theyre prob not real azns anyway.
the bigger version, best part is that they use way more mac sauce! :D and it's juicier because of the bigger patty (more fat! :D) and there is more lettuce and onions and bread is bigger so holds more moisture in that steam warmer.

@spoiled, those are just tea lights on a long holder with pre-cut holes that you just drop those in (i think ikea?). besides, that's my room mate's doing, he's the decorator, i have zero interior skills let alone care about that sort of stuff.

Back