2017 ECG?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildBoar

Home cook, knife accumulator
KKF Supporting Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Well it is already partway into February, so time to start talking!

Leah and I are happy to host again this year (Northern Virginia area).

May seemed to be a pretty good month for this. Right now any Sunday in May except the 22 would work for me. The 28th would be great if Memorial Weekend isn't a show-stopper for too many people.

Last year we had over 40 people. I hope we can at least keep that amount this year, although a couple of the attendees have moved out of the Mid-Atlantic area.

It would be about a 4 1/2 hour drive for me from NYC, but not out of the question. I'll keep an eye out for details. Haven't been to one of these since it left NJ. Would love to connect.

it's not that much worse then when you went to PA. Son made the drive down from NYC last year, Rick drive down from NJ, etc. Heck, Stefan even came from Hawaii! (although he had to come 6 months early and wait in PA :biggrin:)

It would be great if you could! We're not as wild as the Milwaukee-area crowd, but we eat pretty good, have nice knives, and get to drink Son's whiskey :cool2:

It is official -- the 2017 ECG will be held on May 7.

Same location in Alexandria, VA as last year.

I will start a new thread later this week.

It would be great if you could! We're not as wild as the Milwaukee-area crowd, but we eat pretty good, have nice knives, and get to drink Son's whiskey :cool2:

I think you mean Minneapolis although I'm a Milwaukee boy who attended. Wild? Hmmm, I think everyone kept their clothes on. Not sure, details are fuzzy. In my top five "gatherings" of all time.

I think you mean Minneapolis although I'm a Milwaukee boy who attended. Wild? Hmmm, I think everyone kept their clothes on. Not sure, details are fuzzy. In my top five "gatherings" of all time.
Thanks for correcting me -- I knew it was somewhere cold :cool2: The gatherings you guys have up there seem to go on for days, and require renting sleeping space on bathroom floors. They look like a blast, but are more then I can throw with a 4-year-old in the house :O

Thanks for correcting me -- I knew it was somewhere cold :cool2: The gatherings you guys have up there seem to go on for days, and require renting sleeping space on bathroom floors. They look like a blast, but are more then I can throw with a 4-year-old in the house :O

I rented a motor home.

This may be bumped to May 14 so one of the locals can attend. I hope to nail it down before this Friday.

Salty, we have room in the driveway for you to park a motor home...

This may be bumped to May 14 so one of the locals can attend. I hope to nail it down before this Friday.

Salty, we have room in the driveway for you to park a motor home...

It crossed my mind.
Actually I'm hoping to buy a motorhome in the spring. I don't fly and expect to do more traveling in the future.

Thoughts on May 7 vs May 21?

marc4pt0 is definitely out for May 7, but is also 'iffy' for May 21. 14th is Mother's Day, so that is out. 28th is Memorial weekend, so that is out for many as well.

It crossed my mind.
Actually I'm hoping to buy a motorhome in the spring. I don't fly and expect to do more traveling in the future.
Do it!

Son's hooch alone would make the trip worthwhile.
Heck, even if Son can't make it, we've got a few bottles of his liquor at the house.

It wouldn't be a proper ECG with Marc4pt0 collection of knives. I personally don't care about Memorial day and maybe just a little on Mother's day. Could we go to another month?

Back