Quantcast
Damascus 280 Sujihiki WIP - Page 4
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Damascus 280 Sujihiki WIP

I'm betting you have a winner on your hands.

Great looking design. Let me know if the package of goodies made it to ya yet. I added a few extra pieces of damascus, and Im thinking you may want to use some of it for a butt cap. and, or even in place of the Koa. Whatever you do this one is gona be a winner!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Hand sanded to 600 grit and going out to attach a tang and get this baby etched! Hopefully the handle materials will be here tomorrow! If they are, i suspect by the weekend, we might see this thing finished! I still need to get a stock of stones....I can only go to 1000 and a buff...still pops hair, but NOTHING like what i watched Salty do....scary!

Also i will do some measurements before i etch it...I have a few spots i want to clean up first....

Got it etched! Sanded after with 2000 grit...The chatoyance in this blade is incredible!

Looks great, love the heel shape and nice natural pattern. A forged ladder pattern? or did you cut the fullers?

Forged ladder/random. I don't exactly remember but i do believe 378 layers? Thanks

Looks great Mike. Really nice pattern and cool profile! Ill be watching this one close!!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Awesome pattern.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

WOOHOO! Handle materials finally arrived! Time to get rockin on this bad boy!

Ok changing this a bit.Was going to use damascus for the spine, The pieces i got were about 3/4 of an inch short, so i am back to some wicked ass Koa. I am also thinking about using Koa for the ferrule and buttcap. Still going to use damascus for the spacers and the copper....But i am thinking of Koa...Just would flow better than Blackwood i think...What do you guys think? Here is the Koa

And a better shot of the Musk Ox horn

Any thoughts?