Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Damascus 280 Sujihiki WIP

WOW, That was fast! Go figure??? the first package, sent PRIORITY MAIL took 5 days. This package sent 1st class was only 2 days. Crazy!!!

I look forward to seeing what you come up with on the handle.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Ok, finally got the horn cut....Man does this stuff ever STINK! Got almost all the pieces rough cut to shape. This is fun stuff! I can see a LOT of hidden pins in my near future...

Got the damascus dirty etched to see how it would look with the copper and horn...Will be cool when it is final etched!

Looking good, can't wait to see it finished!

Awesome Mike!! That material is amazing stuff!! How did you manage to talk me out of that again??? LMAO! I cant wait to see this, I may even have to drive down to really get a look at it.. Because no matter how good this material looks in a photo. Its at least 10X better in hand!

Good luck on the progress. keep us posted!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Ok, I have been slow going due to having the flu for the last week or so.....But last night i manned up and spent a little while out in the shop. All the pieces are cut(Farther than they are here in the pic) and the rear bolster assembly is glued up(blackwood/copper/damascus/copper) The frame has a tab that interlocks with the rear bolster, locking the assembly together, also includes a total of ten hidden pins per side(6 per scale and 2 running length wise into each bolster)
    Here is a mock up, finishing and hopefully profiling today

That is one bada$$ pimp of a handle.I love it......If I known that horn was for sale I would have grabbed it friday night when Randy showed it to me

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Davis View Post
    Whoa. That should be in a cathedral somewhere.

WELL??

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I am actually working on it as i type...It is a damn slow process to do this without ruining everything...I figure if i take it slow...everything will be perfect

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Davis View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I am actually working on it as i type...It is a damn slow process to do this without ruining everything...I figure if i take it slow...everything will be perfect
    Good decision, it would be a crime to waste those handle materials... especially the horn.