Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Damascus 280 Sujihiki WIP

Rootin' for ya, Mike. Go big or go home, huh?

Ok finally i have a little progress to announce. I have the handle in various stages of glue up and am hoping to get it all glued up into one solid piece this weekend. I will try to get some pics up later tonight, so you guys can laugh at what little i have done so far

It's like a daily thing for me to check the progress of this knife.

Wow! I just looked over this thread for the first time. What a knife man! Don't know how I missed this one. I too will be seriously glued to this thread.

Nice work, Mike. How long has that ox horn been drying?

This may turn out to be the coolest kitchen knife ever! Musk Ox and Damascus!!!

I am hoping so Daniel lol. Joe, the slabs were cut about 2 years ago. They are as dry and stable as they are going to get right now lol. I had my wife brainstorming on this with me and i think we have it figured out...Expect to see this one finished real soon...If not it will drive me insane.

I can't wait to see this handle done.Mike have you tried shaping the handle in a cold environment,I really like working wood/metal when my garage is below freezing.

Yeah...been about 25 degrees in my shop...Honestly seems to make it better lol

Looks complicated. If horn shrinks, you will have a lot of sharp edge exposed (happens on my handles w/metal spacers all the time during winter months) and second, you got to go very careful shaping that horn so you don't burn it.

Nevertheless, I applaud your effort.

M

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com