Quantcast
Damascus 280 Sujihiki WIP - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Damascus 280 Sujihiki WIP

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Davis View Post
    Unsure of that one. Might sell it to fund buying some more of Randy's damascus lol. Spent about 45 minutes last night laying in a wicked distal taper...I payed attention to your suji...Hoping to rock that profile. If i do sell it, you bet you ass i am using it before i do

Hey, I let you guys use mine it is only fair that I get to use yours. lol

looking forward to seeing this completed!

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    Hey, I let you guys use mine it is only fair that I get to use yours. lol
    BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You are going to LOVE those knives! They are stunning! I am heading out to the shop in a few minutes to get some bevels on this bad boy I cannot wait for this one to be done....I am going to slice up a whole cow! Not really...can't afford the damn cow.....LOL!

Looks great! I have handle with amboyna between 2 white bone scales and a black horn ferrule - I like the color combo. Of course, it will be killer with the musk ox scales instead of the plain horn. Personally, I am leaning more towards less busy handles, especially if they might distract from the beautiful blade. But that comes down to personal taste. In the end, I find that much easier to decide if I have the materials in front of me.

Stefan

Ok update time. I have the bevel rough ground, 50 grit to about .010 thick edge. After doing dinner with the wife and kid, i plan on getting the blade finished up and etched.
    I am trying to do a blended 3 flat/convex. Here is the primary flat grind.

Here it is ground all the way up to the spine with the secondary bevel.

And here it is with the 3rd bevel ground in taking the edge to about .010. I will grind the edge to .001 before i lay in the edge bevels.

Hope to have pictures of it finished up later tonight! Getting super excited about this one!

I love it, I want it and I have no money!

is that the suji? If so did you change the profile? It looks tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Davis View Post
    Ok update time. I have the bevel rough ground, 50 grit to about .010 thick edge. After doing dinner with the wife and kid, i plan on getting the blade finished up and etched.
    I am trying to do a blended 3 flat/convex. Here is the primary flat grind...
    Hope to have pictures of it finished up later tonight! Getting super excited about this one!
    It definitely looks and sounds like a winner.

Yes Salty, this is the damascus one. The profile has not changed since i cut it out! I have it cut to the exact profile of your knife. It is just my lack of photography skills. I am really stoked with how this is turning out. I cant wait to get the handle materials, i am going to seriously take my time with the handle....too much money to screw up lol.

Thats looking great mike, grind turned out awesome, cant wait to see what you decide to use on the handle!
    -Randy Jr.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives