Quantcast
Damascus 280 Sujihiki WIP - Page 8
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Damascus 280 Sujihiki WIP

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Davis View Post
    Yeah...been about 25 degrees in my shop...Honestly seems to make it better lol
    Thats sarcasm, right? Its about 10 degrees in my wood shed I have two space heater cranking and it is still miserable. And January is colder.

Quote Originally Posted by kalaeb View Post
    Thats sarcasm, right? Its about 10 degrees in my wood shed I have two space heater cranking and it is still miserable. And January is colder.
    I am being serious.I did a Wa with a metal spacer that was just butt jointed.If I tried to shape it in the summer it would have blown apart in thirty seconds.When I shaped it in 28* I could hardly get the metal spacer warm.

I'm sure you will nail it Mike! One day I will work with some Musk Ox horn, it is the coolest stuff.

I hear you on the cold shop, yesterday the high was 6F, not pleasant but my kydex is grinding well!

Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    WELL??
    Hello!!!!!

anybody home?

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    WELL??
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

It is getting there...I swear. I work on it inside at night so the materials are not sitting out in my garage.....I promise, as soon as this project i am working on right now is done, i am finishing this one...Wife told me i had to

Ok, i have been slacking on this project. I was unsure of how to get this one to work out, but it is a go again. I have the ferrule assembly drilled and fitted to the blade now and just have a little bit of trimming to do on the horn before final glue up.Took quite a but if work to get this thing all flowing in the right direction, but here are a few pics of where this is at right now. I am heading out to get lunch and groceries( i should NEVER go grocery shopping hungry...extra $100 every time) but plan on getting it all final glued when i get back. I am really hoping to get the handle shaped tonight. I did some regrinding on the blade, to add in a bit more distal taper, but i think i am going to do some more later today.

Hoping to keep this project rolling along at a good pace...What do you guys think so far?

Mike

Looks good! Have you considered JB Weld? It is tempreature stable to near 600F. Down side is its color. It can be dyed.

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

Thanks Pierre!!! That is a great idea....Never thought of that. I am taking it slowly and praying lol