kramer on history chanel

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbesed

Reaction score
Did anybody saw this documentary (modern marvels:build by hand) ?

I did. Nothing new, or at least nothing vastly different from all the vids found online. I do have a lot of respect for Kramer though, as both a craftsman and a businessman. He developed his skills, caught some lucky breaks, and parlayed them into an awesome career. Being an American craftsman, living in a community densely populated by the same, I'm glad to see a fellow craftsman achieve what he has. I can only hope that at some point in time, Americans will appreciate the handmade, well-designed, well-crafted object, and it's maker, as much as the Japanese do. We got a lot of catching up to do in that regard.

I didn't get to catch it, trying to find it online somewhere. Was he on the whole show or just a short segment?

Mike

Ok, if its so, i don't have to find it online :)

It was a segment on the show Modern Marvels: Built by Hand.

The schedule says they'll be showing again on:

Saturday, Oct 22, 9/8c Built by Hand: TVPG

sr

Go Kramer, Go Kramer, It's your birthday, It's your birthday! :dance4:

I love how famous this dude is getting. Every British Invasion needs a Beatles, every Food Renaissance needs a Gordon Ramsay. I certainly don't want to be that famous for doing, well, much of anything. I am stoked that he is getting the concept out there, and even more stoked, that his prices set a new bar--one knifemakers can make a living under! :thumbsup:

Email just came in for a Kramer auction, he is selling the knives he used for the spot.

Kramer plugged it as a piece of history in the e-mail. I am thinking I should take all my knives down to Vegas and try sell them on Pawn Stars and then refuse their offer just to have the TV value. Ok maybe not.
k.

They're showing it right now on History H2 channel.

Back