• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

2 Shigefusa 180mm Nakiri'a; Iwasaki 60mm Kamisori Razor

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have some business expenses coming up and need to unload some knives.
First is a brand new Shigefusa 180mm KU nakiri purchased from Maksim. $225 shipped US only, no trades.
IMG_4236.jpgIMG_4237.jpg

Next is an identical Shig 180mm KU nakiri that has been uchigumori polished by Nutmeg. Absolutely gorgeous Knife I really hate to let go. Cuts like silk. It has been used to prep one meal of veggies for my wife and I. I paid $350 for it, I'll let it go for $300 shipped, US only, no trades.
IMG_4215.jpgIMG_4216.jpg

Next is an Iwasaki kamisori 60mm Swedish steel razor purchased from Maksim. I used it once and decided to stick with my western straight razor I'm familiar with. Stropped on leather once and ready to shave. $260 shipped US only, no trades.
IMG_4238.JPG

I had wanted the razor but thought I should sleep on it. You snooze you loose!

If i hadn't gotten one from Maksim this last batch, i would be all over this one. I was surprised how good this kurouchi 180mm nakiri is.
How do you compare the one you got from Maxim with this one?

Actually, it's much cheaper than the ones Maksim sells and better than them in every way!
So if you are thinking about trying a Nakiri Shigefusa, this one. ;-)

Are you open for EU shipping or still US only? I kinda regret that I let it go when nutmeg had it for sale.

Back