Japanese Knives Perfect Valentine's gift: wife knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
https://www.japaneseknifeimports.co...n-kasumi-santoku-with-hand-painted-saya-heart

FU9A5280.JPG

Ugg. I was waiting for someone to post this. Seriously, put pink and/or hearts on something then suddenly it's a perfect gift for a chick??? Hearts on the freaking blade!?!

I want to try a Hide, but that's just silly.

For the love of all that's holy please do NOT let my DH know something like this exists...

The fact that it's a santoku makes it a girls knife. :biggrin: :eek:uttahere:

These heart patterns look like these on certain BDSM toys :) Is that actually a pattern weld, or just a superficially applied design?

Something about the ferrule on the heart knife looks shoddy... can't pinpoint it...

Strange thing is, my prejudice is that something like a Sukenari Honyaki (for the love of god, with the JCK handle not the overbearing CKG one!) or Masakage Shimo petty is what I'd want to have a girl try out, and hopefully like to use, while in one kitchen together - elegant, agile, slim and dangerous :)

Hahaha, okay, I have to admit that I absolutely love the look of that Hide santoku. I'd buy it in a heartbeat for my wife, if she were interested in such things, and then secretly use it myself. Come on, we all know it's awesome. 🙂

Hahaha, okay, I have to admit that I absolutely love the look of that Hide santoku. I'd buy it in a heartbeat for my wife, if she were interested in such things, and then secretly use it myself. Come on, we all know it's awesome. 🙂

Great idea!

Hello Kitty etched onto the blade itself...I'm reminded of the time I made a Pikachu on a patina'ed carbon blade with my rust eraser...

Back