Quantcast
Chefs loves my Kono HD which knife to get him that will compare - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chefs loves my Kono HD which knife to get him that will compare

That is an option, i first thought of the TKC but i knew i couldn't afford the price so i was hoping the CN would be a good deal cheaper but its really not by much.

I would just get the white #2 version of the knife. $100 cheaper if that's in your price range...

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    Hmm, kinda weird that you are buying your boss something so pricey, yet at all. You must really like him.
    Jason

Its not really that i like him that much, but he has only ever used cusineart knives and i almost feel bad for him that when he uses mine i can tell he really enjoys a good knife. Id like to stay under a $100 although I'm not sure anything in that range remotely compares.

Maybe get him a combo stone and teach him how to sharpen his own knives?

No matter how nice a blade you give him, if he doesn't learn how to keep it sharp he'll be borrowing yours anyway.

He's your boss thus he can afford to buy his own dang knife. You are seriously the nicest line cook I've ever heard of.

Tell him you'll buy him an HD if you get a pay rise

Quote Originally Posted by JanusInTheGarden View Post
    He's your boss thus he can afford to buy his own dang knife. You are seriously the nicest line cook I've ever heard of.
    I kind of agree with this - it's not like HD's are a rarity. Plus, if he buys it, he might spring for a super-cool handle or something (just so you guys don't mix up your knives ... and so his can be pimped out).

Quote Originally Posted by JanusInTheGarden View Post
    +1 I understand being a nice guy, but this is a bit weird and could make problems at work depending on what type of work environment.

I think you guys are reading way too much into this. But in that price range, I'd Get a carbonext, no doubt about it.

+ Reply to Thread