watching NBA post black mamba

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
nobody really excited me enough to watch basketball besides kobe bryant. now that he's retired, i need to find new player to follow, but nobody really captures my attention like the mamba used to. i don't think anyone else in the league has that same type of killer instinct besides maybe russell westbrook but he sucks at defense which is half the game!

so perhaps i should take a different approach, i really like defensive players such as rodman and ben wallace. greg oden would have been a monster had he not caught the injury herpes. so who out there is an elite defensive star that is also proficient at creating their own plays on offense? i can only think of jimmy butler right now, but he's still not quite at his potential.

two notable names: anthony davis and kawhi leonard. while great, theyre both boring to watch.

I'm not into basketball, but I've seen some bits and pieces of Wizards' games the last few weeks and John Wall is pretty talented.

kawai leonard lights out defender. elite scorer and impressive upwards trajectory but you won't get all the cockiness so maybe not exciting enough for you. my current fav player is AD but he lacks some fire and leadership, i hope something changes for him that will turn him into a KG like player. i really don't get what's there to hate about lebron, im not his fan but the dude is lights out the best and a big time playoff performer.

Like you said Davis and kawhi are both phenomenal defenders but don't move the needle much, though I'd argue Davis is entertaining but he makes things look easy. I'm a warriors fan from childhood, so watching draymond work on both ends is super entertaining. KD alongside him as well is an incredible defender, but again his game makes things appear easy and thus a bit boring. You could watch Rudy Gobert on the jazz control re paint, but you'd have to slog through watching the jazz offense. If you're a casual fan looking for a connection, embiid is quite fun and he's got a really unique skill set, but my pick would be giannis antetokounmpo on the bucks. Him playing point, his euro step, the whole thing is just crazy to watch. If you want great team ball, watch the warriors.

agreed that embiid ca become my guy. been excited about him since his year in college snd learning that he only started playing at 14

team ball puts me to sleep. i like watching transcending players isolate and do their thing. no one really is unique and stands out to me at the moment. i like the potential joel embiid shows, we'll see how he progresses but he seems more interested in fame than on competition.

KD and melo are both offensive giants, but they're both soft and not good on defense (although melo can be good when he tries)

demarcus cousins is immensely talented but he looks lazy and doesnt have mental strength.

i also miss baron davis

Another good one to watch is Giannis Antetokounmpo (the great freak) for Milwaukee Bucks.

when the clippers are healthy and on point they put on a show like no other with cp3 tossing lobs to deandre and blake throwing them down

i cant stand blake griffin, he is so one dimensional. but chris paul is amazing. though i thought derron williams was better (before he left all his game back in utah :D)

i like rondo's game because he snatches rebounds away from centers, i find that absolutely hilarious for a point guard to be doing, not that he's even a real PG.

also like kendrick perkins because he's a goon, lol.

You need to watch the warriors. Steph Curry is one of the cockiest there is when he's on the court. KD has become a shot blocker for them. Draymond is a beast on defense. And when Klay is in the zone, nobody can stop him.

team ball puts me to sleep. i like watching transcending players isolate and do their thing. no one really is unique and stands out to me at the moment. i like the potential joel embiid shows, we'll see how he progresses but he seems more interested in fame than on competition.

KD and melo are both offensive giants, but they're both soft and not good on defense (although melo can be good when he tries)

demarcus cousins is immensely talented but he looks lazy and doesnt have mental strength.

i also miss baron davis

For the record, Idon't enjoy KD's game. That said I think you have a preconceived idea of his game, this season he has stepped up his defence considerably and has some pretty impressive defensive highlights to boot. But if team ball is not your thing (i guess you don't really like basketball as the ultimate team sport) then both the warriors and the Spurs are not for you.

I agree that Gianis is very exciting to watch, and his growth rate excites me even more than his actual game so far. The day will come when he can hit jumpers and then it will be doomsday.

And if you want to see iso game then just plug in to James Harden but you will have to turn off the TV on defence. Admittedly the guy is shining this year in DeAntony's system.

i respect the spurs, but despise the warriors. curry is the most over rated player right now.

haha harden is a one man wrecking crew on offense, but yes sorry excuse on other side of court,

I just had a moment... If you want someone transcendental that changes the game on his own and has a snarky personality. Just watch Pop he brings it every night both on offence and D and won't let one pass :rofl2:

Wait, curry disappears?

2015 finals: Curry finished the series with averages of 26 points, 5.2 rebounds and 6.3 assists per contest.
2016 finals: down 7.5ppg vs his ridiculous regular season, but a knee injury against Houston and an ankle tweak against portland can contribute to that.

I watched him catch fire against portland in game 4 last year and silence that arena. He can be roughed up when refs allow you to come playoff time and he physically has less to work with than any star in the game, but I tend to reserve overrated for folks who don't make their teams better or play worse than their rep and abilities would have you believe.

Agree, the 2016 finals (and playoffs) can't be used to judge and measure him. He clearly wasn't himself. Now, if he stinks up the joint when healthy this year, you can make a legit argument that he's not as great as people make him to be. But honestly: you can't measure him by numbers alone. Because of his range and his ability to knock down shots from way beyond the line (check his warm up videos where he routinely hits 8-10 shots in a row from midcourt) opens up the floor for his team in a way few other players do. I mean, yes: technically LeBron should win the MVP every year, but so should've MJ. What curry did last year was insane, and if Steve Nash is a legit 2x MVP, you can't even start to argue that Curry isn't..... just saying [emoji12]

The playoffs cant be used to judge a player? Arent rings used to judge players all the time?? Its fact curry does worse in the finals. If he was so great during finals, why hasnt he received the finals mvp? How can the best player in the world be shook by a matthew delladova? Lmao! Took him a few games to wake up in 2015 and almost let lebron drag the cavs to beat em the first year. Being the first unanimous mvp ever, he should perform much better than he has in the finals and shouldnt give up a finals lead like they didin 2016. Being banged up is just an excuse, everybody is banged up in the playoffs. And those steve nash mvps were something else...I dont even wana start with that one lol.

Latest posts

Back