• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

My spoon keeper ( updated and revised )

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chef Niloc

Banned
Reaction score
Spoon Chefs

Ok there was a little confusion when I 1st listed this so I want to make a few things clear.
1) these are made now already, I had 4 extra that I made, two are now still available.
2) the only custom thing that I can and should do is put your name or something like that on the outside, that way it's easy to tell the inside from the outside.
3) I do not/ will not take special/ custom orders as I never know when I will have the spare time to make things and don't want the pressure of orders looming over me.
4) I made these "few extra" ones on top of some that I had made for two other chefs I know. These chefs are not members of this or any other knife bored that I know of. I know these two chef personally from working in the industry and did not meet them online, nor was I referred to them from any "on line" association.

Ok so now for the info on my signature " spoon keeper"

I made this " spoon keeper " about two years ago. I always hated it when my spoons would fall out of my back pocket. It became a bigger problem when I started carrying almost a grand worth off spoons in my pocket. It took a few try's but I nailed a design down. Yes I know it may look very simple and for the most part it is. Trick lies in having the inside magnetic and not the outside. To keep the strap closed tight to the pocket, not let a spoon or spoons fall out and not have random mettle objects flying towards your a$$, that's the trick.
Any way a few weeks ago two other chefs I know asked me to make them one. I did it and last week one came back wanting two for people who seen his...day latter the other chef comes back asking for one. So I made 4 extra on top of what my "chef friends" have asked for, two are now spoken for leaving 2 still up for grabs. photos attached, one two tone (cordovan and tan) and one sold cordovan. Just thought I'd post this up incase any of you wanted one? I don't like to sell my leather work as I don't think I'm " that good" yet, but I feel good about putting my name on these. The design is easy enough that they come out looking great, even with my skills.
I make everything out of horsehide, hand sew with linen thread. All leather is sealed, so they can be washed...by hand, not in the dishwasher. Between the magnets, leather and magnetic shielding material these cost me about $20.00 each to make. I'm getting 50.00 for them and will gladly offer them to you all shipped for that price. I can customize them to some existent if you like, easily put your name or something like that
Any way just thought you guys would get a kick out of this.

O they do work great as "blackjacks" or "billyclubs" for beating the cr@p out of people...found that fetcher out after I made the first few.

b15963b2.jpg

ecd63140.jpg

818d0dc2.jpg

Here are a few picks of two of the actual ones I will be selling

956c9621.jpg

16b99594.jpg

0ab02a5e.jpg

d0724c30.jpg

I might just be daft here, but I'm not sure how it works.

Care to elaborate?

Two sets of magnets attract to each other to keep the strap closed tight to the pocket it's self. The outside part of the strap has 4 layers of magnetic shielding material sewn into it, this "deflects" the magnetic fields inwards. So the inside of the pocket has a pretty dam strong magnetic field in it, because of the shielding the more magnetic material (spoons) you put into the pocket the stranger the "hold" inside the pocket and as a result weaker magnetic draw from outside the pocket.
Another note is that all spoons/ steel is not magnetic. The " keeper" still works ( not as well) by the fact that the round tip of the strap inside the pocket provides both some pressure and "the lip" catches the dish of the spoon.

Neat piece of gear. What kind of spoons cost almost a grand?

Is that a DT Damascus spoon I spy? How much do those bad-boys cost anyway?

If he doesn't want to spill the beans, he is referring to 3 custom damascus spoons, for tasting and saucing, by Ariel Salaverria and Devin Thomas.

They are wicked cool, and about the same price as a decent knife.

Last edited:
Wow john thanks for covering fir me when I was at work:thumbsup:

Here are the bubble wrap ones

d20a235d.png

I want to make some of these! I have been talking for quite a while with Del about it...I have one of his, too bad it is SS and probably will not stick to it....

Latest posts

Back