Hello from Boston

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bensbites

Reaction score
Hello,

I have always loved knives from multi tools to kitchen knives. We received Shuns and MACs as wedding gifts and they have been solid performers for a while. I recently fell down the rabbit hole of Japanese knives. I started with a few cheaper ones and am now almost through my first set of DIY Wa handles and a Yo to wa convertion.

Hello from a former Bostonian. Welcome :)

So, what have you got, and what's your favorite?

Hello,

I have always loved knives from multi tools to kitchen knives. We received Shuns and MACs as wedding gifts and they have been solid performers for a while. I recently fell down the rabbit hole of Japanese knives. I started with a few cheaper ones and am now almost through my first set of DIY Wa handles and a Yo to wa convertion.

If you don't post pictures, it didn't happen.

Comon, man - show your work :doublethumbsup:

(BTW - welcome to the forums!)

Hello from a former Bostonian. Welcome :)

So, what have you got, and what's your favorite?

I am not sure I have a favorite now. Tojiro nakiri is sharp, and fun! My two Artifex gyutos have been my "play knives". Things like sharpening to a mirror edge, thinning the blade, I am working on the yo to wa conversion. I like the dacmus pattern of the shuns, but I prefer thinner blades and blade heavy balance points.

If you don't post pictures, it didn't happen.

Comon, man - show your work :doublethumbsup:

(BTW - welcome to the forums!)

I finished these 4 handles last night.

IMG_2584.JPG.8ff418f99ac170c50b4eb7106333cf94.JPG
. Let's see if that pic loads.

I need to improve on my octagonal shaping. Freehand on a 36 grit portable belt sander was less than ideal... the wife thinks I should get into exotic stabilized woods.

The handles look pretty good to me, especially for a beginner. Nice job.

Back