One-off damasteel 210 gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Robin! I hope that you are enjoying your birthday! Do you post the current bid somewhere?

Hey Robin! I hope that you are enjoying your birthday! Do you post the current bid somewhere?

Yes on instagram. It's been a little flooded comments but it's at 8000 right now.

Yes on instagram. It's been a little flooded comments but it's at 8000 right now.

I might be the only one with this point of view, but I think it would have been nicer if the auction was restricted to private persons only. The auction might end at a higher bid, but I think it's a bid sad if it ends up in shop where they try to re-sell it at a higher price.

Well, might just be grumpy me that can't afford to enter the auction :angel2:

Thanks. Yea I won't stop anyone from bidding, bet (know) there are other craftsmen and retailers that also buy for themselves.

I might be the only one with this point of view, but I think it would have been nicer if the auction was restricted to private persons only. The auction might end at a higher bid, but I think it's a bid sad if it ends up in shop where they try to re-sell it at a higher price.

Well, might just be grumpy me that can't afford to enter the auction :angel2:

No need to worry it will be used! J

I completely missed this, but Happy Belated Birthday! And it's a gorgeous knife. When I saw that it was "at 8000", I was disappointed that it was already waaaay out of my reach (because I didn't know I'd missed it completely, at the time). Then I went to look at it, and I thought, Wow, yeah that may be worth $8000 (because I didn't know you were quoting the price in sek, at the time). Now, I think the buyer got a stunning bargain.

Wait!! One of our own got this? I feel just a tiny bit better for being outbid...

Thecaptain, I felt bad about outbidding Win as well. Valgard, He is keeping it for a week or so to polish the handle some more. I am in no rush as I'm in Afghanistan for work until June. Once I get home this summer I can post up some pictures if you would like.

Thecaptain, I felt bad about outbidding Win as well. Valgard, He is keeping it for a week or so to polish the handle some more. I am in no rush as I'm in Afghanistan for work until June. Once I get home this summer I can post up some pictures if you would like.

I think we ALL would like :O

Back