• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Takeda K-tip Gyuto 240 + AEB-L Honesuki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fedusa

Reaction score
Factory bevel and geometry on both.

$350 - Takeda Classic Kiritsuke Gyuto in 240mm
Purchased some time in 2012, used a handful of times and has only been touched up a few times lightly on fine stones. Original bevel is there still.
Geometry from handle and tip view can be seen in album. Cuts very well but a little too light for my preferences.
e4hmieRl.jpg

$50 - Richmond Artifex AEB-L Honesuki
Similar to above but used a bit more but shows little to no signs of usage.
Handle heavy linen micarta with steel pins. Total beater knife as its stainless and holds a great edge.
Breaks down chickens with ease but I very seldom reach for it and want to trim down my set.
G3h2Ftul.jpg

Album here

Discounts if buying multiple items.

$340 for the Takeda

$45 for the Honesuki

Also adding 2 pocket Higo knives. Both blades measure 95-100mm with total length at 122mm. Friction is still firm and I may be able to dig up the boxes, no guarantees though.

$40 - Black double bevel; I believe is blue steel (need to confirm). Has a slightly blunted edge compared to the single bevel but I think it came like this. Discoloring you see is from cutting sausage etc as a pocket knife. I can attempt to clean if desired. There is no chip near the base, just the grind makes it look it.
Y3igjU4h.jpg

$75 - Copper single bevel; blue steel. Saw much lighter use and only used on pencils in my drawing kit. Has light surface rust near the pivot.
aBHU1bLh.jpg

Honesuki and Higos sold.

Only the Takeda left

Back