• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for first Honyaki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

s0real

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking to get my first Honyaki, i have decided on Nagao-san Hiromoto Honyaki as my choice. I was wondering if anyone is willing to let go one of this. A gyuto 240mm would be nice. PM me if you have one to sell, shipping is to Melbourne, Australia.

Win

Thanks Nemo. I will give it a look. If anyone has a used one please PM me as well. Thanks

If your Hiromoto falls through, Mert makes a great honyaki.

The Hiromoto in JCK is nice (love the western handle). I think Mr. Aoki still has 1 Tesshu Wa-Gyuto 240mm Abura Honyaki left, but you'd have to email him (I'll tell you the price he quoted me in a PM - so I don't screw over Vancouverguy)

@lazarus mert definitely makes a killer honyaki but they are out of my price range at the moment. @lagrangel2 sent you a pm

Yeah i'll put up some pics once i get them. Only managed to get a 240mm used.

knife arrived today. pic as promised

Nice!!
Congrats. I don't get to use mine no where near as much as I would like, being a home cook and all.

Do you see yourself polishing it? I'd love to put the time in and polish it. I think that hamon will be soooo sexy if it's polished

looking good, from my experience, the two lines has a slightly different grind and different looking hamon but you will love it anyways because I love both of mine (the bolster less and bolster).

Nice!!
Congrats. I don't get to use mine no where near as much as I would like, being a home cook and all.

Do you see yourself polishing it? I'd love to put the time in and polish it. I think that hamon will be soooo sexy if it's polished

:p it's a never ending effort as it patinas right after the next use haha I gave up after i gave it enough of a polish haha.

Looks very good.

s0real, please let us know of your thoughts about the hiro when you have had a chance to use it

Right, @inzite, the more I look at your efforts here, the more I get convinced that I should try to do mine.

I don't want to hijack the thread, I'll pm you to get an idea of how you did yours

The knife came in a pretty bad condition when i received it yesterday. Knife edge were chipped and bent in all sort of ways, rust on face and tang. Managed to fix the edge up and it cuts well but not toothy and it is definitely one of my lightest knife. @inzite im hoping to restore the finish once i can. Yours is one beauty to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back