HHH Dammy WIP

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RRLOVER

Reaction score
006-36.jpg

010-23.jpg

Here's the 270mm gyuto I am making with the Dammy that was forged at Randy's Hammer in. I tried my hand at file work on the handle spine,it's was a PITA.

Very nice Mario! Glad to see this! Its like twin WIP's :D

I really love the profile on this knife. Nice work on the tang as well. Really looking forward to see this one finished. Well done!!

DarKHOeK

That looks great rrlover Nice profile and cool filework..

Thats gona be one classy looking knife when your done with it!!

That is sweet rrlover, that filework turned out awesome! man these wip's are exciting!
-Randy Jr

Thanx....I had no idea what I was doing with the file work.I had to bring the laptop out to the garage and stare at the knife you made and try and figure the pattern. I guess if I had any brains I would of tried artsy file work for the first time on some mild steel for practice.

I think the file-work is good without any qualifiers, but remarkable for a first attempt. BTW is it weird that I like doing file work?

001-58.jpg

004-53.jpg

I am trying to choose a bolster material,which one do you guys think would look better with the ironwood. I also have some black micarta if I what to tone it down a bit.

Mario, Im holding the blade hostage till you send me them Ironwood scales!!! LMAO!!

Its ready to send and came out straight as a arrow!!

I think I would go bolster-less on this knife, I just couldnt make myself cut the ironwood. Its so pretty!!!!!!!

That's some gorgeous Ironwood Mario. If you go with a bolster you know I like that green stuff. Beautiful work on the knife by the way.

I think the tooth will look nice.

But bolsterless with copper fittings would look really nice after the patina sets in...
That's some mighty nice Ironwood, I say let it shine.

Beautiful stuff, metal and wood. That Ironwood is just fabulous. I like the contrast of the light colored tooth better, but I am not sure if it won't bring it over the top. Something contrasting with less figuring would be my choice for a bolster. Not that I could think of anything specific right now...

Stefan

I think the tooth will look nice.

But bolsterless with copper fittings would look really nice after the patina sets in...
That's some mighty nice Ironwood, I say let it shine.

We are on the same page. I planned on using copper pins and a copper/black fiber liner.

Very nice stuff Mario! Going to be one sexy knife when it is finished! I agree with the no bolster thing...That is too nice to not be the center of attention.

I say go with the green. With a copper spacer of course.

Heres a few pics of the blade right out of heat treat. The pattern looks like its gona really match well with the Ironwood! :)
I sent this your way today, RRLover please let me know when it arrives.

WIPmeteorite003.jpg
WIPmeteorite004.jpg

WIPmeteorite008.jpg

001-61.jpg

008-37.jpg

007-37.jpg

005-49.jpg

003-53.jpg

009-32.jpg

She's ground and ready for a dress:D I am on the hunt for some copper corby's,for some reason I ordered smalls and they won't work on this:bashhead:

Nice! So is this getting iron wood, or is there another wood choice in mind?

LOL, I seen the first couple pics and was like WTH.. there are dark spots all over that blade.. LOL Then realized its the shadow from you taking the pics.. :) I may have some Copper Corbys. Ill take a look and PM ya. Oh yea, that looks GREAT! Super cool and tight pattern!

Ha! I have it's twin! Seriously nice looking Mario!....makes me want to go out to the shop and work on mine....

LOL, I seen the first couple pics and was like WTH.. there are dark spots all over that blade.. LOL Then realized its the shadow from you taking the pics.. :) I may have some Copper Corbys. Ill take a look and PM ya. Oh yea, that looks GREAT! Super cool and tight pattern!

That's no shadow,that my reflection.

Back