• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

240 Kato Standard

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

YG420

Reaction score
Selling a very lightly used 240 Kato std. It still has the ootb edge and has some patina on it. Didnt come with a box but I will provide one for you. Probably the best cutting kato I have but I just dont reach for it. Price is $650 via paypal and shipped in the conus, intl you pay for shipping. Thanks for looking!

AFE8F3A7-DF15-4669-BE21-A325C13A8DE0_zpsqfyxqivk.jpg

C0E6005B-F230-404C-8BE6-DA72BCCDE701_zpsmnt1pwc2.jpg

Can someone help me understand the difference between the a Kato standard and Workhorse? My current Gyuto is a laser (Konosuke Fujiyama), and i'm terrified to take it to anything substantial like squash so looking add to my budding collection.

Appreciate it.

first post in the forum btw, and the name Stonetoes is a holdout from my early skateboarding days back in the 70's.

First welcome to the forums.

Here is a picture that shows the difference
image.jpg

thx for the info. based on those numbers i'd expect both standard and workhorse can handle tougher product like squash without to much trouble. Assume from the CKTG reference that they used to be available from Mark. looks like no more...

from what i'm seeing on the many retail sites and comments in the forums the Shig's are very hard to come by which is precisely why i'm on the prowl for one. One day my daughters are going to be very happy with this new found obsession. provided of they develop a serious appreciation for treating them with the respect they demand and deserve.

next question. i did some digging on how to send a PM but it appears i'm either missing something obvious, or, i need to first put in some time. if the former please help. if the latter i understand and will remain patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back