What do you do if your wife finds your forgotten stash?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I forgot about these and wife found them during the house move...
Not the best conversation but could be a lot worse!

IMG_3811.jpg

I had very different idea when I read the thread title. [emoji28]

Lmao same here rami!

Wow is that legit rust on the knife Anton? I dont have a secret stash per say, but I do put a new knife buy into the knife block instead of the mag rack and act like its always been there lol. Then I gradually bring it out and use it a few times before I get the courage to put it on the mag rack.

:spit coffee:
I'm having a hard time catching my breath! I was putting stones in a corner until she realized there was too much mess there... But nothing like this LOL.

Forgotten as in you bought them and forgot to use them, or forgotten as in taken out of rotation to make room for new ones and then forgot about them?

I think forgotten as in hidden new knives to take out little by little exchanging with others and forgotten in that hidden place. But that's my guess.

Your 'forgotten' stash looks better than my best knives...

Out of interest, what knives are they? The kiri box looks ominously cool

I forgot about these and wife found them during the house move...
Not the best conversation but could be a lot worse!

LOL

And I was worried the mailman delivering yesterday an Akifusa, was all up CIA undercover hoping she wouldn't realize it.

She did catch me in the act.

Or start investing in a better couch, considering the increasing amount of nights spent upon it.

Maybe a good strategy: whenever you buy new knives, hide them in a safe place for some weeks. Then, when your wife asks, "Is this new?" you can answer, "No!" without even lieing! ;)

I've had almost 150 stones and 700 straight razors come through the house so she's never surprised. The key is to do so much of it that SHE loses track, not you.

Ohhhhh, thats a tough place to be

A) buy her something nice...

B) if Previous step doesn't work, it wasn't nice enough, rinse and repeat until it stops!

We'll thats a Carter for sure...

Haha take your knives,and...run away!!!

Haha take your knives,and...run away!!!

And don't forget the cutting board, the board wax and knife oil.... and some charcuterie, just for practicing on the trip!

But seriously... Dude just cope up to it, ask for forgiveness and read my previous post.

Back