Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Anyone heard from Mikey?!?

Daveb, that is a very senseful approach in my view. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by daveb View Post
    *A balanced, thoughtful, and articulate response.*
    WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH DAVE!

Administrator
    Ha! I let the Dr. Jekyll out on Sundays. In the morning. Sometimes.
    Older and wider..

Quote Originally Posted by daveb View Post
    …I don't think I'm reaching when I suggest this is where Mikey is. Many members have had outstanding work from him. My "turtle" handle is the most commented on piece in my kit. I hope whatever his situation is that it's temporary and he gets back to producing outstanding work for others. But right now the only outstanding work is the likes of "aboy...." where Mikey has his knives and has for whatever reason stopped communicating with him. I completely understand his frustrations.

My personal observation (speaking as one moderator - not for The moderators) is that your comments/suggestions as well as those of others have been noted and discussed among mods. They are not new. We're in the quandary of if we shut a vendor down then members will have no communication path to them. If we keep them up then we get complaints about that. This is an ongoing point of discussion that has not been (and probably can not be) resolved to everyone's satisfaction….
    I've also had handles from Mikey before, albeit on knives I've since sold, and they are very nice. It's part of the reason I wanted more… fortunately I don't have knives in Hawaii, just some $ of deposit and some wood and mammoth tooth. It still is worth a few hundred, so I will not just walk away from this. I'

I'll hazard a guess that it's a similar situation to before where as the primary caregiver for his aging parents he is overwhelmed with things right now. At the same time, it's been 8 months since I've heard from him (last given an ETA of a couple weeks) and he hasn't been online since September 2016. At some point I have to draw a line in the sand, and he being incommunicado doesn't help.

I'd appreciate if the subforum can remain open until this is resolved, thanks.

TJ
    "A dull knife means you're a ******* loser" – Matty Matheson