Anything worthwhile in Hong Kong?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowtyper

Reaction score
Going for a week....any good deals to be found? I will check out CCK...never had any cleaver before so I will probably pick out a couple to play with. Any recommendations?

gotta try the suckling pig at this place:
Kimberly Chinese Restaurant
Kimberly Hotel
28 Kimberly Road
Tsimshatui, Kowloon, Hong Kong
+852 2369 8212 (phone number)

You gotta pay a deposit and pre-order but I tell you it is worth every cent and hassle!!!

Another good dish from them is the ox bone and collagen soup..

Next is a restaurant recommended by a friend from hong kong.
Bo Innovation
Shop 13, 2nd Floor, J Residence,
60 Johnston Road,
Wanchai, Hong Kong.

Take the counter seat and get the tasting menu is all my friend told me.. Have not had a chance to try it out yet but seems pretty good.

gotta try the suckling pig at this place:
Kimberly Chinese Restaurant
Kimberly Hotel
28 Kimberly Road
Tsimshatui, Kowloon, Hong Kong
+852 2369 8212 (phone number)

You gotta pay a deposit and pre-order but I tell you it is worth every cent and hassle!!!

Another good dish from them is the ox bone and collagen soup..

Next is a restaurant recommended by a friend from hong kong.
Bo Innovation
Shop 13, 2nd Floor, J Residence,
60 Johnston Road,
Wanchai, Hong Kong.

Take the counter seat and get the tasting menu is all my friend told me.. Have not had a chance to try it out yet but seems pretty good.

one of my friends work there... I heard it's a great place and I think it has 1 or 2 stars..... I'm not sure... and it's among the top 100 restaurants in the world according to the san pellegrino rating....

But you can never go wrong with the local food in Hongkong... street food dude... it's the way to go in my opinion....

Yeah street food is the way to go. But just to have something as a special treat lol. The suckling pig is to die for.. Makes me wanna make it at home lol.

lol actually I meant knife and stone related, but food recs are always welcome as well!

Woooo...decided to add a stop in tokyo for 4 days before hong kong! I'm one of those crazy types that obsesses over planning travel trips (lists, maps, etc) researching for weeks which places I should go and what to buy.....oh man its gonna be very time consuming!

Any tips on where to go for knife/kitchen related stuff? Or shops good to buy online within Japan? I have a place to ship to.

edit: Can this thread title be changed? I feel more helpful info would be available if the title added Japan and Kitchen Items to it...Thanks

Back