Ashville and Boone NC restaurant recommendations

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwalker

Reaction score
Looking for kid friendly restaurants in Ashville NC and Boone NC. Also going to visit some breweries as well so any recs for that are appreciated.

If you like sours, definitely go to the Funkatorium in Asheville. Even if y'all don't, I would still go.

Hey dwalker, pretty much all places in Asheville are kid and dog friendly! I'd really only be concerned about it if you intend to go to upper end restaurants. If there are certain types of food you're keen on, let me know and I might be able to direct you better. As for breweries, you'll be spoilt for choice.

Downtown:
Wicked Weed/The Funkatorium- Great for sours, IPAs, odd-ball beers
The Thirsty Monk- Brews their own beer and also has two floors each with their own bar. The bottom bar is totally Belgian beers and the top is best of American and local/regional breweries
Burial Brewery- Belgians and Stouts are their strengths
Hi-Wire Brewing/Twin Leaf/Asheville Brewing Company are all good for a beer if you're passing by, but nothing super remarkable.
(Note: The Asheville Brewing Company location on Merrimon Avenue is super-kid friendly, with a game room, a movie theatre showing 3 different films during the day one of which is always kid-oriented and relatively cheap, tasty food: pizza, burgers, sandwiches etc).

River Arts District/West Asheville:
The Wedge-Nice ambiance, mostly outdoor seating, very good beers across the board
Noble Cider and Urban Orchard are two good cideries if thats something you enjoy
New Belgium- Tour is interesting, beer is what you expect with occasional one-offs

In Boone, AMB (Appalachian Mountain Brewing) is the place to hit, good beer and cider.

I'd add Barley's in Asheville and also mention that the Wedge happens to make my personal favorite IPA hands down...called Iron Rail.

Barleys is good, big beer selection, good pizza, and pool upstairs if that's your thing.

CC, Iron Rail is definitely their most popular beer for sure! Their annual winter seasonal raspberry Russian imperial stout is on right now and is very tasty if you ever get the chance.

Thanks for the replies. We arrived last night in Asheville and plan on visiting many of these in the next couple days.

We hit up the Funkatorium for lunch and Barleys for dinner. Now I'm chilling at the cabin with a 17 beer buzz sipping on a quadruple I brought back from the brewery. I couldn't be happier. Thank you all.

Glad you enjoyed Asheville! There is a lot to like here. Yup, Curate is very good and reservations are a must. Rhubarb is excellent as well.

Hey Chinacats, they're opening up a second Wedge Brewing location a little ways down the road from the first and its right next door to the new 12 Bones Barbeque spot. Just fyi, for next time you're in town and need an Iron Rail and barbeque one-stop fix.

Back