DIY Big Green Egg table

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been sick and on antibiotics for the past two weeks which have been killing my appetite. Down 10 pounds of blubber. I haven't been cooking so I decided to build the Scott Moore BGE table. Idle hands and all.

Cedar is going up in price but all the lumber was still only $140. Did all this today and it's not coming out half bad. A miter saw and bandsaw are the only power tools I've used so far. Well, and a drill.

Have to finish the top, sand, and stain. The latter two once the weather warms up.

Sorry for any rotated pics.

IMG_0071.jpgIMG_0074.jpgIMG_0076.jpgIMG_0080.jpgIMG_0084.jpg

Looking good are you putting the egg on a table nest? If not consider placing stone tile where the egg will be sitting. Also insure you have proper clearance around the egg, if the wood is cut to close you risk setting it on fire.

Definitely want the tile. Not familiar with the table plans but they probably call that out. No wheels?

Yup, doing a paver tile under a table nest for total sense of security. I don't think I'm going to do wheels, just on a patio. It wouldn't be moved ever.

Tough crowd. But it's coming along and has been a fun project with minimal tools and even less skill.
Honestly, when I saw you did not use a burled exotic wood I lost interest...

:biggrin:

Nice build. Looks like it will be a very useful table.

Looking good are you putting the egg on a table nest? If not consider placing stone tile where the egg will be sitting. Also insure you have proper clearance around the egg, if the wood is cut to close you risk setting it on fire.

I bought my BGE off of Craigslist a few years ago. It included a similar table and had little ceramic feet under the egg.

It did eventually catch fire around the table top while I was cooking pizza. It also had burned (at some point previously) under the egg.

I can already see a project coming when spring comes[emoji1]

No buffalo horn? No silver nickel spacers? No stabilized bubbinga? No red oak burl? No mammoth ivory? No mosaic pins?
Not even the tiniest ebony accent? You'll have to do better than that for this crowd... ;)

Nice egg basket though!

Where does the Luftlighter go?

Kidding aside that's looking great. Now get busy with some chow.

Don't knock the looftlighter

Table is looking good... I need to get around to building mine

Finally got this thing done. Waited on the weather and table nest. First cook will probably be smoked babybacks, skillet cornbread, and slaw.

IMG_0193.jpg

Looks pretty nice. You should vacation in Florida before it gets to hot....

Is that your "man cave" in the back corner"

You have a spare room or would we be sharing the same bed?

Cabin is my 5 year olds man cave or where I'll sleep when wife is pi$$ed at me.

Bad picture of my BGE XL table and I need to redo mine next year or at least reinforce it and restain. I like your design!

8474027D-B54C-469F-ACB1-4CAA8B113843_zpsgunarogl.jpeg

Back