Thread: 2017 East Coast Gathering (ECG) - Sunday May 21 in Alexandria, VA

2017 East Coast Gathering (ECG) - Sunday May 21 in Alexandria, VA

The 2017 ECG is officially set for Sunday, May 21 in Alexandria, VA. I will be hosting again this year.

For those of you who have not attended one in the past, forum members and their SOs (and some kids) typically begin arriving around noon and trickle in and out through the afternoon and into the evening. Many bring knives to show, and there is usually some stuff around to cut up. There will be some tables set out for the knives.

Food and drinks are a group effort. We'll supply a little bit, and attendees also contribute. We'll have plates, plastic utensils, cups, etc. The ovens and stove are available for whoever may need them, as well as a charcoal Weber or two, and a gas grill.

This is a low-stress event meant to be more of a chance to meet forum members and catch up with old friends then anything else. There is no obligation to bring knives or to contribute to the food/ drinks.

Last year we had over 40 people, including some down from NY, NJ and PA, and some from the south and deep South. And it was a good mix of restaurant pros, home cooks, a knifemaker and even a couple people who like knives but don't cook

There will also be a dinner on Saturday night. Last year we went to the Green Pig Bistro, where we were able to fawn over the display case full of ChucktheButcher's knife most prized knives, and visit with Charlie's parents. This year we can return to GPB, or go to one of the restaurants in DC presided over by KKF chefs.

Please chime in on this thread if you think you may attend. As the event nears I will send out an email with more specific information, including the address. My mailbox here on KKF is pretty full, so I need to switch over to email for conversations.

Looking forward to it again!

I will do my best to be there with the Mrs. Just how far are you from D.C.?
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

Just a few miles south off 395. It's a straight shot from here to 14th Street bridge, and can be done in 7-8 minutes if not during traffic hours. From NJ/ NY though I would take Beltway (495) across Wilson Bridge, take the 2nd exit and it's about 1-/2 miles from there.

Thanks Dave for hosting. It's on my calendar and my we reserve the Yoga suite if available.
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

You got it, Dennis.

bump

BUMP

Only a month away now! Time to make sure you block out the day on your calendar!

Can't wait for the pics and peoples comments, thoughts and experience

I've sent out some emails to past attendees, but I do not have email address for many. I cleared some space in my Inbox, so if you are interested in attending please PM me with your email address and I will send you some info.