Country count down...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm amazed at the number of different countries which are represented here. It would be interesting to know exactly how many.

So I'd appreciate it if you would please chime in if you are from a country which hasn't been listed yet.

I'll get us started:

United States of America

USA, Denmark, Israel, The Netherlands

Cuba

List:

USA, Denmark, Israel, The Netherlands, Cuba

Egyptian grandparents, lived first 13 years of my life in Sudan. And now identify as Australian.

The world is a small place.

So far we've gotten responses by people residing in:

USA, Denmark, Cuba, Scotland, Australia, Germany, Canada, and Wales.

The list of languages spoken must be even more extensive. Maybe that should be a different thread?

(I've lived in the Midwest of USA my whole life and have traveled very little, all you world experienced folks absolutely fascinate me!)

So far we've gotten responses by people residing in:

USA, Denmark, Cuba, Scotland, Australia, Germany, Canada, and Wales.

The list of languages spoken must be even more extensive. Maybe that should be a different thread?

(I've lived in the Midwest of USA my whole life and have traveled very little, all you world experienced folks absolutely fascinate me!)

I don't currently reside in Cuba (though that's where my permanent residence is), I thought we were talking about countries of origin but it seems I misinterpreted the OP. I've been studying in Canada for the past two something years.

FWIW, I lived briefly in Guadeloupe (the French Island in the Caribbean) before coming here, BEST weather EVER. That place is 29-30 C all year round but with the marine breeze it doesn't feel too hot at all.

If we are indeed talking about origin I think the list goes like this so far (you missed a few Captin :wink:) :

USA, Denmark, Israel, Netherlands, Cuba (
living in Canada), Venezuela (Scotland), Australia, Sudan (Australia), Canada, Wales, Germany, Poland (Australia), Slovakia (Germany)

Yea, let's stick with country of origin! Valgard thanks for keeping me straight!

Why ever did you move from Guadeloupe?

Weather and food where about the only things I liked (OK, maybe the Rum and French wines as well). It was really hard to work there (5 different strikes in a matter of months really made progress in my research impossible) and as a general rule they don't make you feel welcomed there (of course, exceptions apply).

South Africa originally (now New Zealand) with London for 7 years in between

Born in Terhan (Iran), living in London for the past 25 years

Updated list

USA, Denmark, Israel, Netherlands, Cuba, Venezuela, Australia, Sudan, Canada, Wales, Germany, Poland, Slovakia, South Africa, Iran, Israel, Thailand, New Zealand, Belgium, France

And counting...

South African: I like to pork my core in the garawj.

Kiwi: After I've bun to puck up my fush end chups

Latest posts

Back