Going to San Francisco

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b2kk258

Reaction score
Going to San Francisco for spring break. Any suggestions for points of interests or restaurants!?

Snag a pint of bitter or mild at Magnolia on Haight/Masonic. They have some good snackie snacks as well. Head either north or south to get out of the grey, and take some hikes that include views of the Pacific.

benu / state bird provisions / bar tartine (don't do the tasting menu)

nomica was one of the better meals i had in SF last time, along with sushi yoshizumi... if you go to nomica, go with a few people and order the brioche chicken thing a couple of days in advance... also, its not as hip, but perbacco has always been excellent for me, and the owner/chef is a super nice guy who has a bit of a knife obsession

Lolo has pretty nice casual Mexican food and the mission district is fun in general. I'd also recommend checking out some feastly events in the area, been going to a few and it can be a good way to meet locals.

Boccalone "meat cone" at the Ferry Building...actually a ton of good artisan shops there, worth spending 2-3 hours walking and snacking mid afternoon

Not food but I always enjoy heading up to Muir Woods...

Not food but I always enjoy heading up to Muir Woods...

We just moved from there after I retired, so my memory is pretty fresh.

There and Pointe Reyes 45 mins north of SF. Don't forget to get out to Sonoma (forget Napa, too stuffy and expensive) for wine; St Helena is cool although stuffy too but you can check out the CIA, it's a beautiful campus. To the south is Half Moon Bay, a really cool beach town. You can throw a rock and hit a good place to eat in SF, i'd suggest not letting the street hawkers lure you into any restaurant in Chinatown. My favorite thing to do in SF is to get lost, it's not that big of a city so not much to worry about.

Molnari Deli in North Beach for sure. Scomas and the Ghiradelli shop or just wander the wharf for bread and crab or hit Anchor Oyster.

Dave

Went to a place called Fish in Sausalito right on the water on the way to hike in Muir Woods. I highly recommend both activities. That was an excellent day!

This is a hard one. I'm born and raised in SF. Knowing you'll be there a short bit of time, tell us about yourself and your group if you're going with one and what activities/hobbies/foods etc. you're into and the list can easily be narrowed. Also, what's your transport plan and where are you staying? There's a lot to cover.

just go..and wander.

SF has it all. you cant have a bad time even if you try.

catch a late night snack at a hofbrau..like Tommy's Joint. i dont do a lot of fancyass meals there, but i do love the dive places..like Kingdom of Dumpling in the neighborhood.

Latest posts

Back