Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shinko Seilan, best valued K&S offering so far

Yes, but in the meantime would jnat mud get into the convexity or would you need som other technique?
    "I'd better change my signature before I get myself into trouble..."

The concavity? You probably wouldn't have good results getting an even finish with any concavity remaining if you wanted to finish finer. Sometimes, *really* muddy softer stones can help you cheat a bit on that

Sorry yes I meant concavity.
    "I'd better change my signature before I get myself into trouble..."

Interesting line. I'm curious as to how does the grind compare to the r2 line you carry on your website?
    Regards
    K

Picked up the 270mm suji. Been having fun with it the last few days. Feels slightly harder than Kurosaki's AS. Very nice heel height on this. Got it mainly for portioning cooked and raw meats, but I've been using it on lots other stuff. Edge retention seems pretty good after slicing lots of crusty meats, and chopping random produce, but it hasn't been long enough for me to form a proper opinion. Took it to the stones because there I could feel a bit of drag from the jigane finish on the bevel. Concavity was pretty minor, nothing that couldn't be hidden with lots of mud. Honestly can't believe I bought a knife this good for less than $220AUD.

http://m.imgur.com/a/v8NM4

Quote Originally Posted by v647c View Post
    Picked up the 270mm suji. Been having fun with it the last few days. Feels slightly harder than Kurosaki's AS. Very nice heel height on this. Got it mainly for portioning cooked and raw meats, but I've been using it on lots other stuff. Edge retention seems pretty good after slicing lots of crusty meats, and chopping random produce, but it hasn't been long enough for me to form a proper opinion. Took it to the stones because there I could feel a bit of drag from the jigane finish on the bevel. Concavity was pretty minor, nothing that couldn't be hidden with lots of mud. Honestly can't believe I bought a knife this good for less than $220AUD.

http://m.imgur.com/a/v8NM4
    Those ribeyes and that knife, is that what heaven looks like I wonder
    La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur. -August Escoffier

I got the 240mm k-tip and i'm very happy with it. My first k-tip, the flat spot must be half the blade at least! Makes chopping up veggie a lot of fun

So... just for the purpose of searching reviews, these are the exact same blades offered by another vendor under "Shiro Kamo AS" (for much more money)? These are super attractive to me and look great with the K&S ebony, which is one of my favourites. And the k-tip looks like one of the best value I've seen. It'd be tough choosing which one.

I haven't used the other vendor's Kamo AS version so I can't comment, hopefully someone with more experience can give their thoughts.

WWW.KNIVESANDSTONES.COM
    Youtube Channel,Instagram
    gtalk: knivesandstones at gmail dot com

i think i am the first one get this knive in CHINA and i also get a special handle upgrade from JAMES which make the blance point is perfectly upfron the pinch grip a little bit. the flat belly is really amzing and that makes my preps work a lot of fun on pull/push cut. and also the gentel curve on the tips will allows you do fantastic rocking jobs as well. all in all this is good knive at it's price range.