Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another reason to hate KF

I think the reason why many people, (including myself) became so angry with KF was because of the way that "some" of the mods seemingly took sides and instigated a one rule for some and a different one for everybody else.

It's a shame that ITK died like it did as i learned a lot from that place. The members deserved better.

I can see that the mods there got overwhelmed by everything that was going on, I just wished they had found better solutions to handle the whole thing. I still have a few PTs running with people there but feel less and less inclined to be there. On a personal level, I feel sad that Adam got dragged into this as he did. I think he is a nice and very helpful guy, and I hope that there is a way in the future to get him to contribute to our topics again.

Stefan

+1 to that Stefan.

As for venting, maybe we could do a group PT (people request to be added) that is limited to 3 days, 5 days whatever. After that we all make our peace, close the topic, and what happened in the PT, stays in the PT.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Closing thread after thread and letting others be banned and not Mad ^%*^*^&* rookie tick me off.
    But in the end it is a forum, and many more will ebb and flow .I just happy to have a place to learn and see new things and hang my hat .
    hopefully some like Adam and others will contribute and share there knowledge

This forum is everything I always wished KF was. More intimate, and already a lot more (and better) info. This Board has a local feel, even though everyone is spread throughout the world. Joining KF was my intro into high-performing knives, but I was bothered by the fact that is was a tiny subcatagory in a huge BBS, and my sponsorship $ seemed like a poor investment when I could not log onto the forums for weeks at a time.

I hope the Thomases make it here at some point, but that may be tough due to their ties with the ITK knives. I think Mark R. came up with some nice ideas, but Dave M is following through with a lot of those same things. I really don't see myself going back to KF.

Signed up this morning. Still hurting from what happened. I am close to most involved. Not happy about the way everything went down. I realize that I'm far too dependant on the one forum.

Love and respect

Hoss

Happy to see you here!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Hey Hoss, how about coming out to the ECG this year.... Kiss and make up

sure

when is it?

Hoss

Welcome, Hoss! It's great having you here!