Quantcast
Another reason to hate KF - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another reason to hate KF

I think the reason why many people, (including myself) became so angry with KF was because of the way that "some" of the mods seemingly took sides and instigated a one rule for some and a different one for everybody else.

It's a shame that ITK died like it did as i learned a lot from that place. The members deserved better.

I can see that the mods there got overwhelmed by everything that was going on, I just wished they had found better solutions to handle the whole thing. I still have a few PTs running with people there but feel less and less inclined to be there. On a personal level, I feel sad that Adam got dragged into this as he did. I think he is a nice and very helpful guy, and I hope that there is a way in the future to get him to contribute to our topics again.

Stefan

+1 to that Stefan.

As for venting, maybe we could do a group PT (people request to be added) that is limited to 3 days, 5 days whatever. After that we all make our peace, close the topic, and what happened in the PT, stays in the PT.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Closing thread after thread and letting others be banned and not Mad ^%*^*^&* rookie tick me off.
    But in the end it is a forum, and many more will ebb and flow .I just happy to have a place to learn and see new things and hang my hat .
    hopefully some like Adam and others will contribute and share there knowledge

This forum is everything I always wished KF was. More intimate, and already a lot more (and better) info. This Board has a local feel, even though everyone is spread throughout the world. Joining KF was my intro into high-performing knives, but I was bothered by the fact that is was a tiny subcatagory in a huge BBS, and my sponsorship $ seemed like a poor investment when I could not log onto the forums for weeks at a time.

I hope the Thomases make it here at some point, but that may be tough due to their ties with the ITK knives. I think Mark R. came up with some nice ideas, but Dave M is following through with a lot of those same things. I really don't see myself going back to KF.

Signed up this morning. Still hurting from what happened. I am close to most involved. Not happy about the way everything went down. I realize that I'm far too dependant on the one forum.

Love and respect

Hoss

Happy to see you here!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Hey Hoss, how about coming out to the ECG this year.... Kiss and make up

sure

when is it?

Hoss

Welcome, Hoss! It's great having you here!