• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Tanaka KU 240, Tojiro DP 120 & 210, Gesshin Uraku stainless 240, F. Dick 1905 8", var. sayas

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharp-Hamono

Reaction score
I have a few knives I'd like to sell which have not seen much use except the Tojiro. None of the knives have any serious issues like chips, deformation, rust, etc. but some have minor cosmetic issues that I’ve tried to illustrate and describe. Finally, I have a few extra sayas I'd like to sell. All asking prices include shipping to the USA and paypal's percentage fee. I will take a few dollars off the total for combined shipping if you want two or more knives or a knife plus a saya.

Tanaka blue #2 kurouchi 240mm gyuto - $110 Sharpened once to put an initial edge on it. Used a few times. This has a buffalo horn, not plastic, ferrule. The KU finish has faded just a little bit from cleaning it with a soft sponge and dish soap – it will probably fade a little more with normal use and cleaning. Nice knife for the price, just not for me.

Tojiro DP 120mm petty - $30 Used seldom, looks like new. Factory edge still sharp.

Tojiro DP 210mm gyuto - $40 Used but not abused. I (perhaps naively) tried to remove some light scratches from the cladding steel with a rust eraser and metal polish and it looks better than it did (you can still see some light streaks in the cladding steel, but only under certain light), but the process faded the factory logo. I have sharpened this and it’s currently sharp.

Gesshin Uraku stainless 240mm gyuto - $140 Used a few times to try it out, but decided I like the white #2 version of the same knife just a bit more. Looks like new and comes with the factory saya. Still has Jon’s initial, very sharp edge.

F. Dick 1905 8” chef’s knife - $75 Used seldom, looks like new. (The dark spot on the edge you can see in the photo is a shadow, not a chip). Factory edge still razor sharp.

Two JCK magnolia wood sayas that will fit many 210mm gyuto knives. One C**G type A nakiri saya - $20 ea.
All sayas are like new and unused. If you go to each company’s respective product pages for them, you can find a list of different knives that they will fit. If you’re curious, the gyuto saya will fit the Tojiro DP 210 listed above, but the cladding steel will end up with some scratches. The C**G saya is finished to a slightly lesser degree than I expected and the end of the pin stops flush instead of protruding through the other side – a little more annoying to pull it out instead of pushing from the opposite end, but it's still workable if your nakiri fits it.

All PM's replied to. The two Tojiro knives are spf as of right now.

Both Tojiro knives and all three sayas are sold and paid for.

Everything is now sold except for the Tanaka and the F. Dick, which I will take a few dollars off from my asking prices for, as follows:

Tanaka KU B2 240 - $100 shipped in US
F. Dick 1905 8" - $70 shipped in US

Bumping.

The F. Dick 1905 is still available. I'm still asking $70 shipped to the US, but I'm willing to take offers. Keep in mind that the (included) cost of shipping is probably going to be in the $10-15 range (for me), due to the length of the knife's factory box and the required size of shipping box. If you don't mind getting the knife without its factory box, I could probably ship it for a little less than that.

Back