• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Most beautifull Hakka ever and Suisa Omura

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheflivengood

Reaction score
Hello All!

Lightening the JNAT load, my focus has for sure shifted away from Kasumi fun to damascus refinishing, So I'm letting go some redundancies in the collection!

First up is a GORGEOUS Hakka Lv 2.5 from JNS. Only difference in the size is its now 40-41 mm tall. This stone has a line in the middle that you can feel after the stone is dried, but during sharpening its not an issue, many layers of lacquer and rice paper are on but I've been wanting to mount it on a nice piece of wood, but I've been very busy with chicago not really having a winter slow period this year. The Stone is absolutely scratchless and very muddy, a perfect setup for either your uchigumori or suita finisher. The contrast is not night and day, but as this is a bevel blending stone it';s not important. The edge the stone leaves is more refined than a hard aoto but very toothy, stropping on this stone is like stropping on foie gras, buttery smooth.
$800
http://www.japanesenaturalstones.com/red-hakka-lv-2-a871/ Maxims Pictures are better than mine, but here is a filtered one to see all the different colors!!

IMG_4537.jpg

Next up is a stone that was very surprising, the Suisa Omura From JNS. Size is still the same. This stone is huge and has zero imperfections, 4 layers of lacquer just in case. This stone needs to be treated a certain way for maximum potential. First I run water over the stone for 5 min, not quite a soak but this stops the stop from loading. Next, even though its a more course natural, I like to use an atoma 140 to build slurry, which leaves a surprisingly dark contrast, just as good as any aoto but litte more scratches since its more coarse. An awesome affordable natural that will teach you a lot about water use.
$150
http://www.japanesenaturalstones.com/suisa-omura/

Lets drop the Suisa Omura to $125 includes shipping CONUSA.
HAKKA $775

Are those colors for real? On maxims link the stone is red. Beauty either way.

I may be wrong, Eric, but I believe the seller filtered the image to create more pronounced and vivid contrasts to demonstrate the intricacy of the stone patterns. The JNS pictures should show its colors in a normal light.

I may be wrong, Eric, but I believe the seller filtered the image to create more pronounced and vivid contrasts to demonstrate the intricacy of the stone patterns. The JNS pictures should show its colors in a normal light.

This

that seriously looks like an opal stone. If so, 800 is way too cheap haha

Back