nokia users

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anybody switch to Microsoft 950? My Lumia 930 screen finally cracked after countless falls so I've ordered a refurbed 950 for just $200. Any quirks I should know about and/or tips?

I'm still on my Lumia 930. Just "upgraded" to win10. Don't know of any quirks outside the usual that comes with Windows Phone on the 950.

received it today. initial impressions are good. it doesnt feel or look as nice as the 930, but functionally it's a better phone right off the bat. i also dig the slightly larger size, this might be the most optimal size. big enough to read everything, but not too big.

Also using 930. Wife is happy with 1020.
No experience on the 950....

Get a silicon case and a screen protector before you start dropping this one as well. :)

Yeah got a tempered glass screen protector and an ultra thin case. Had to get usb-c adapters also. Just need to get wireless qi charger for the car now.

Loving this phone!!

update:
my 950 developed this problem where it constantly shuts off on its own unless plugged in. i am guessing it's a battery issue. regardless, the screen is cracked from many many drops and the software is really buggy so i finally bit the bullet and converted over to android. i chose LG V30 due to it being said to have the best audio quality. just got it today, and being a retard proof nokia-windows phone only user, this is a quite a bit of a learning curve for me. it took me forever just to figure out where the contacts were. the at&t mobile transfer was not working for me, it kept saying 'network connection lost' but all my contacts were transferred and that's really all i cared about. the sound quality is pretty good, not 'amazing' by any means but good enough to not have to carry a separate music player. i was using old school sony mp3 player for longest time.

has anyone tried this'?? lol https://7labs.heypub.com/mobile/windows-phone-looks-on-android.html

i would like to reiterate how good the sound quality is (from LG V30). been using it with bang & olufsen earbuds (earset 3i) and listening to just pandora high quality stream and it's freaking sweet!! this is the honyaki of mobile phone audio playback right here. no eq used, with the quad dac digital filter setting on for clearest sound mode.

has anyone tried this'?? lol https://7labs.heypub.com/mobile/windows-phone-looks-on-android.html

i would like to reiterate how good the sound quality is (from LG V30). been using it with bang & olufsen earbuds (earset 3i) and listening to just pandora high quality stream and it's freaking sweet!! this is the honyaki of mobile phone audio playback right here. no eq used, with the quad dac digital filter setting on for clearest sound mode.

I haven't used that.

The sound quality out of the jack on my Oneplus 5 has been pretty decent going straight into my Denon D7100, good enough for mobile use anyway. My real setup is at home.

I'm annoyed to see how most phone manufacturers are moving away from the 3.5mm jack, so everything now needs an extra little bulls*** converter addon that will need to be replaced with every new model. The main selling point for me on the Oneplus 5 was the jack.

i decided not going to try hacking it to look like windows. too much effort to get it minimalist looking.

does anyone user zlauncher? nokia skin for android looks interesting. i really like that you swipe the first letter and it pulls up apps, thats really cool feature!
https://www.zlauncher.com/

**ended up using launcher 10 which sort of looks like windows phone 10 :D

Back