Quantcast
Strops, Hones, & Compounds
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strops, Hones, & Compounds

We have a crapload of stropping goods on the way to us so I'm opening up the pre-order/back order status on all of them so that I can ship as soon as it arrives.

This is the first time in many many many months that we'll have everything strop related that we sell available. You can back order (pre-order) all items on this page now...

PS - This includes stropping kits too.

Awesome! Let's see if I can scrape the dough together

I should have everything and be able to ship by the end of next week.

Whoa! That's faster than expected ... I shouldn't have splurged on the expensive Bourbon tonight

Today I received everything except for felt and CrO powder which are both expected by tomorrow to arrive. Once I have your stuff for your order it'll get shipped.

*Note - Even though I ordered a lot of product this time I believe 1/2 of it has already been reserved so if anyone is wanting something please order as soon as you can or you'll have to wait for the next load.

Thanks to all of you for your generous support.
    Dave

Sweet.

I'm waiting for one component on the kits to arrive (I hadn't checked the boxes before posting that it was all here - doh) and then it'll all be listed on the site.

Ugh......I'm STILL waiting for one piece of the puzzle to arrive......it's lost somewhere in the USPS mess.

The strops arrived a couple days ago and I've used one of the preloaded ones a few times. I'm not liking them quite as much as the old ones although they seem to be working so far. What is really bothering me is the preloaded ones are unsticking from the metal backing and the glue is gooey and sticky. What's the deal and what do I do about it? The not preloaded ones seem fine but are they going to unstick once I treat them with something?

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    The strops arrived a couple days ago and I've used one of the preloaded ones a few times. I'm not liking them quite as much as the old ones although they seem to be working so far. What is really bothering me is the preloaded ones are unsticking from the metal backing and the glue is gooey and sticky. What's the deal and what do I do about it? The not preloaded ones seem fine but are they going to unstick once I treat them with something?

The reports are now pouring in.

Yes it seems that once a compound is sprayed on the leather it will remove itself from the plates pretty easily. I had this happen at first but then I got the problem to disappear (by conditioning with oil) but then I got another load of strops that appear to be coming apart regardless of what I do.

If you want to re-glue the leather back down then that's cool but I don't expect anyone to do this. I'll be contacting the strop maker and getting his input on this but please don't worry about being at a loss as this will be taken care of one way or another.

Sorry for the trouble.

+ Reply to Thread