Hiragatake knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveb

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Jeff, Others,

Was recently asked about a knife line you carry by Hiragatake, I've not heard of it but clad SLD, wide bevel, "D" handle and under 200 bucks for a Gyuto? What's not to like?

Is this an exclusive knife to you? Can you share any details or comparisons to some of your other offerings?

Thanks.

Hi Daveb,

The Hiragatake knives are some incredible performing knives. They have high edge retention for there price point and the fit and finish is impeccable. These are some of the most sold knives in our shop currently for the price range. Check out ChefSteps pop up video they took of our shop. Grant shows off some cutting skills using the Hiragatakes.

-Jeff

My apologies for reviving an old thread but I'm very curious about these knives (in Aogami 2) and there isn't much information available aside from the information on your site. What is the grind like on gyutos and nakiri? Are they thin behind the edge? It is a bit hard to tell from the photos (my eyes aren't all that great) but how curved is the profile on the gyutos? Much of a flat spot?

I like the grind on my 180 gyuto in SLD, nice flat spot (heelward half or so) but a narrow upswept tip, I’d say pretty thin behind the edge, wide bevel grind that’s great for squash and fine work alike.

Thanks for the response. I may have to give one of these a try as it sounds like it ticks the right boxes for me. I'm just a little worried about resale if I don't like it in the absence of attention on the various knife forums.

Back