Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Gengetsu pass around

Administrator
    Chef - Did you find the differences to be more carbon vs stainless or gen 1 vs gen 2?

Older and wider..

Not sure

Good food is essential, where knives are an integral part of the process.

Dave B. my take: The semi-stainless version was much more of a "workhorse" in my opinion. Thicker towards the spine, bit more heft to the overall knife. Very nice distal taper and geometry. If I had to choose one this would be it, for the overall versatility. The stainless clad white 2, in my opinion, more of a "laser". Lighter knife with a very thin blade, from spine to edge, with outstanding performance. Both knives sharpened easily with the white2 being quicker to hair splitting sharpness.

These are just my opinions. Both of the Gengtsu's where of the finest quality. Fit & finish superior. I believe if it came down to choosing one or the other, it would boil down to a matter of personal preference.

Hope this helps. Thank you again, to the two knife owners, for doing this it is greatly appreciated.

Al

Good food is essential, where knives are an integral part of the process.