Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gengetsu pass around

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    What is norm for how long each participant keeps the knife before shipping it? How long do you guys want to hold onto it?
    7-10 days is fairly normal. although the only pass around ive used is the Dalman one.
    La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur. -August Escoffier

Quote Originally Posted by Mucho Bocho View Post
    I surprised that more of you have purchased a Gengetsu. One thing for sure after the passaround, Jon will be selling more of these. I've had mine for a month or so (SS 210) and love it for what it is. A mid weight, well ground, flat profile, laser thin at the edge w/ w nice robust spine. The Kasumi looks cool and seems to hold up well to scratches. The knife get silly, silly sharp. I'm hoping Jon will release more knives from the Gengetsu line.
    I have this knife, (White #2) in the 210 version and love it so much I'm thinking about going up to a 240. Figure this is the perfect chance to see if a 240 is for me before pulling the trigger.

You can't speak of gengetsu greatness without mentioning the handle!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    I have this knife, (White #2) in the 210 version and love it so much I'm thinking about going up to a 240. Figure this is the perfect chance to see if a 240 is for me before pulling the trigger.
    I love a nice pair too. Problem is that once you get good with a gyuto it's hard to go back to other profiles and your now beloved nakiris will grow old and dusty.
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

Quote Originally Posted by Mucho Bocho View Post
    I love a nice pair too. Problem is that once you get good with a gyuto it's hard to go back to other profiles and your now beloved nakiris will grow old and dusty.
    (Buddha face and palms together)...

Just as the ocean can absorb endless drops of rain so can an enthusiast find room in their rotation for additional children...