Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gengetsu pass around

I would love to give it a try if possible. Thanks for doing this.
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

I would love to participate if I qualify, it not I totally understand and I will not be offended since I haven't been too active here on the forums. But on the off chance that I do, I would love to give the knife a spin.

Very gracious offering! I would like an opportunity, if it makes it towards the "Great Lakes". Thanks.

Al
    Good food is essential, where knives are an integral part of the process.

Add me to the list if I'm deemed worthy. Chicago area...

I would love to try it out. I'm probably not what you'd consider an established member but you could hold one of my knives for ransom to make up for it. And you wouldn't have to ship it.

Great of you to offer it up for others use! And of course it is great of Jon to offer his services as well!

I have one of the semi-stainless and got one for the folks.

Quote Originally Posted by ewebb10 View Post
    I would love to try it out. I'm probably not what you'd consider an established member but you could hold one of my knives for ransom to make up for it. And you wouldn't have to ship it.
    Well you live in Louisiana-maybe we could work something out on the side. I live in BR.

What is norm for how long each participant keeps the knife before shipping it? How long do you guys want to hold onto it?

I've been doing some behind the scenes screening/vetting, because some of you guys I'm not too familiar with. Some of y'all have already participated in pass arounds and you obeyed the rules of the pass around(huge plus ). Senior forum members reached out and more less vouched for a few people that I initially wasn't going to let participate. Unfortunately, there's still a couple of people I just don't feel comfortable with yet. Sorry about that, I really am. If this pass around goes well I have a bunch of other things I want to use for future pass arounds(takeda, gesh 4K stone, etc etc).
    I learned a lot from pass arounds in the past(at one time there was a kato pass around!!!), I was able to try cool stuff that influenced how I viewed jknives and definitely had an effect on future purchases. Knives I most likely wouldn't have bought on my own. But in recent years less and less pass arounds have become the norm for a variety of reasons. In the next week or 2 I'll start making the pass around list-for those that aren't in the list but are still interested in testing gengetsu please feel free to PM me and we can make other arrangements as I don't want to exclude anyone completely.

I surprised that more of you have purchased a Gengetsu. One thing for sure after the passaround, Jon will be selling more of these. I've had mine for a month or so (SS 210) and love it for what it is. A mid weight, well ground, flat profile, laser thin at the edge w/ w nice robust spine. The Kasumi looks cool and seems to hold up well to scratches. The knife get silly, silly sharp. I'm hoping Jon will release more knives from the Gengetsu line.
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.