Help ID this kanji.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karif

Reaction score
Anyone recognize this kanji? I've spent more hours than I'd like to admit comparing it with other knives
p5pb12251701.jpg
p5pb12251704.jpg

sorry for the potatoes, I'll get some better pics at work. Thanks for your time.

And if the smith was in a fun mood and actually stamped "no japanese text found" on the knife?

Hopefully this quick sketch will help,
p5pb14541257.jpg

Again thanx for anytime wasted.

I would appreciate a bright daylight pic that is in focus.

I'll try, unfortunately havn't seen daylight in about 5 months. It's hard to get a good pic of the kanji because it's been thinned a lot and was hand chiseled.

The terrible attempt to copy doesn't help at all? Would a more sober try help or just a waste of time?

Your better off trying to get a cleaner pic for XooMG. I think he can read poor quality kanji a lot better then a poor copy of poor quality kanji. :biggrin:

Your better off trying to get a cleaner pic for XooMG. I think he can read poor quality kanji a lot better then a poor copy of poor quality kanji. :biggrin:

What BK said.

Get a better picture, If XooMG can't read it in a good picture, no one will be able to help you.

These are the best I can do for a few weeks, when it stops raining. Sorry for wasting your time if it's still too potato.

p5pb14548070.jpg
p5pb14548065.jpg

I guess what could help both google and XooMG is if you precisely retraced the kanji on these blurry pictures in black (on the picture itself, not on a separate piece of paper).

Back