Brand new here from Los Angeles!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcookgurl

Reaction score
Hi all...

I'm brand new to this forum and am very excited to be here! Still learning my way around..I have been in the food industry for close to 20 years, mostly as an executive chef..the very first knives I owned were lamson sharps, back in the day...now my collection includes about 20 beautiful Japanese knives, some custom Turkish knives, a couple Marko tsourkan knives and a knife from Joel at Cut Brooklyn. Can't wait to see what this forum has in store for me, and I look forward to learning more about knives from everyone here!

Thanks so much!
JL

Welcome. We need to see the Turkish customs

I will definitely post pics of the Turkish knives when I'm back home in la this week...curious how this forum works? Do I need to make a minimum number of posts before I can pm people and answer for sale ads? Thanks so much!

I think you can pm and reply to sale ads but you can't post anything for sale till a certain post count. And welcome by the way.

Welcome. I think I can speak for everyone on this forum that doesn't live in LA. We're all envious of your location. For you have Japanese Knife Imports and Jon Brodia. Master Sensei Knife Sharpener. Some of the best knife available anywhere in the world. Foodie connoisseur. All around great guy. Right in your town.

Think twice before entering for your life will never be the same again. And we're all jealous as hell.

Hi all...

I'm brand new to this forum and am very excited to be here! Still learning my way around..I have been in the food industry for close to 20 years, mostly as an executive chef..the very first knives I owned were lamson sharps, back in the day...now my collection includes about 20 beautiful Japanese knives, some custom Turkish knives, a couple Marko tsourkan knives and a knife from Joel at Cut Brooklyn. Can't wait to see what this forum has in store for me, and I look forward to learning more about knives from everyone here!

Thanks so much!
JL

I will definitely post pics of the Turkish knives when I'm back home in la this week...curious how this forum works? Do I need to make a minimum number of posts before I can pm people and answer for sale ads? Thanks so much!

Another welcome to the forum to one who lives in the Knife Mecca.

Your first post was moderated (too much spam) and then approved, you should have pm privledes and view privledges on bst as soon as the computer gets back from break. If not turned on by the time you read this, pls report that here.

To post a wts or wtb thread on bst you must be a member for 30 days with a minimum of 50 posts. For those that join or upgrade to supporting member the 30/50 requirement is waived.

Ok. I have the photos of the Turkish knives but I have ZERO clue on how to post them...help please!

Ok. I have the photos of the Turkish knives but I have ZERO clue on how to post them...help please!

Hi and welcome!

You gotta upload them first to a hosting site (photobucket, Flickr, dropbox, imgur) and then paste the image web link here, and you are done!

Welcome. I think I can speak for everyone on this forum that doesn't live in LA. We're all envious of your location. For you have Japanese Knife Imports and Jon Brodia. Master Sensei Knife Sharpener. Some of the best knife available anywhere in the world. Foodie connoisseur. All around great guy. Right in your town.

Think twice before entering for your life will never be the same again. And we're all jealous as hell.

You guys won't believe it, but I have yet to go to JNI...however, I plan on changing that on Wednesday! I'm in the market for a 240mm gyuto, so I'm finally going to pay Jon a visit and meet him. Very excited about it too! I can't wait to see his operation...

The link works.

Are these the original profiles of the blades? Very unique handle styles as well actually

Yes, all original...made out of 440. I have yet to sharpen them, but they need to be sharpened...they have never been quite sharp enough. Check him out on IG: kropknives. His name is Sinan, he makes some very interesting knives in Istanbul, Turkey.

Yes, all original...made out of 440. I have yet to sharpen them, but they need to be sharpened...they have never been quite sharp enough. Check him out on IG: kropknives. His name is Sinan, he makes some very interesting knives in Istanbul, Turkey.

Cool blades. If you get to sharpening them and then using them, consider making a video. It will be something we have not seen before around here

You guys won't believe it, but I have yet to go to JNI...however, I plan on changing that on Wednesday! I'm in the market for a 240mm gyuto, so I'm finally going to pay Jon a visit and meet him. Very excited about it too! I can't wait to see his operation...

He'll have hundred of choices, do consider a Gengetsu in any size or flavor. Just a dynamite all around high performance knife. Then after watching all of Jons sharpening videos, take a class with him.

Post pics, you'll be the newest KKF darling. HA

Then after watching all of Jons sharpening videos, take a class with him.

Post pics, you'll be the newest KKF darling. HA

I'll second the class bit. I took one with him while on a holiday over there learnt a lot and Jon was just great to hang with and chat to for a few hours while learning to sharpen.

Just FYI, i've been in and out of the shop quite a bit lately, so i'm not always there right now. Its a very busy time for me, but i'm doing my best. If you want to make sure i'll be there, call ahead if you can. But, even if i'm not there, my staff is awesome. I've spent a ton of time teaching them, and they are well educated and well versed in what we do.

I will be back there 100% of the time in the near future, but right now i've got a ton of stuff keeping me away from the office durring the day.

I can attest ... Jon &/or Staff are FANTASTIC ... I almost prefer Jon not to be there so I can spend more $$$ as he always tries to talk me into more sensible purchases ;-)

Sorry forgot to mention - Welcome!!!!

Just FYI, i've been in and out of the shop quite a bit lately, so i'm not always there right now. Its a very busy time for me, but i'm doing my best. If you want to make sure i'll be there, call ahead if you can. But, even if i'm not there, my staff is awesome. I've spent a ton of time teaching them, and they are well educated and well versed in what we do.

I will be back there 100% of the time in the near future, but right now i've got a ton of stuff keeping me away from the office durring the day.

Hi Jon!! I'm actually meeting Greg from darkhardt there on Wednesday afternoon...will you be in?

Back