D. Martell For Sale - Western Laser 240mm Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
This is 240mm western handled gyuto that's a true laser. :spiteful:

So why is this knife being called a laser when I never call my knives that?

Well, this one was sort of a trial test thingy. I started with (slightly) thinner stock than I've normally used but then I ground the bevels up really high (3/4 blade height). I wanted to see how thin I could go while still being convex as well as retaining a rigid spine. I still don't have the answer because to know that would mean to have gone too far...LOL, but, I did manage to see what a really thin convex knife could be made by my hands.

Once I got the blade done I figured why not go for it and mount up a nice piece of amboyna burl to cap it off. :cool2:

Stats

Models - Gyuto

Blade Lengths - 240mm

Steel - O-1 (carbon tool steel)

Hardness - Rc 60-61 (with cryo)

Height (at heel) - Gyuto @ 55mm

Handle - Western

Handle Materials - Premium two toned amboyna burl, buffalo horn, G10 spacers & pin

Price - $575
Shipping - Included in USA only / International - will split cost with buyer

Please contact through PM or email if interested in purchasing. :thumbsup:

Thanks,
Dave

P1010002.JPG

P1010009.JPG

P1010013.JPG

P1010015.JPG

P1010017.JPG

P1010019.JPG

P1010021.JPG

P1010023.JPG

P1010025.JPG

Where that last butchur lacked sexiness this one has it spades, immediately jumped to Kendall Jenner so take that how you will. The singleness of the black pin and spacers is amazing. Talking about the wood choice is stupid as it's axiomatic. It's a real beauty. Definatly top non damascus Martell

I hate you.

Sorry Dave :(

Just ... wow.

Thanks Matus

Where that last butchur lacked sexiness this one has it spades, immediately jumped to Kendall Jenner so take that how you will. The singleness of the black pin and spacers is amazing. Talking about the wood choice is stupid as it's axiomatic. It's a real beauty. Definatly top non damascus Martell

OK I'll admit it, I had to look up "axiomatic" :D

Thanks!

It must have been one of the top few pieces I remember looking at, I still like the one I chose, but each is unique in its own way.

You don't see amboyna quite like this too often so this is pretty rare… and on the laser too :D

I know! I wish that I could score a truckload of this wood.

Awesome work as always Dave.

If only I had a place for a new carbon gyuto...

Someone take advantage...please! :)

Price DROP - $525 ($50 OFF)
Shipping - Included in USA only / International - will split cost with buyer

:thumbsup:

This beauty will make someone very happy. Glad it sold Dave.

I'm glad it sold, too, it's been driving me crazy. I would have jumped all over this but have so many irons in the fire right now that I am having trouble keeping up with what's coming. But, a Martell or two is definitely on my short list. In Gyuto I'm a 210 guy, if it had been a bit shorter I would have probably been holding it in my hand. Beautiful work Dave!

I'm glad it sold, too, it's been driving me crazy. I would have jumped all over this but have so many irons in the fire right now that I am having trouble keeping up with what's coming. But, a Martell or two is definitely on my short list. In Gyuto I'm a 210 guy, if it had been a bit shorter I would have probably been holding it in my hand. Beautiful work Dave!

Thanks guys:)

SOLD!

Back