wine or beer?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomchakabowwow

Reaction score
to be fair..let's include spirits.

i live in the middle of Sonoma Wine Country..and i am strongly gravitating to beer. super weird.

i love wine!! but beer is taking my money more and more.

you?

The beer I like is much more expensive per liter than the wine I like.

I couldn't choose between the two. Beer is so broad that you have everything from Lambics to Double Imperial Stouts, but wine is just so good with so many foods.

I definitely gravitated to red wine a dozen or so years ago; I think I drank enough beer in my teens, 20s and 30s :) I probably have wine 2-3 nights per week, and beer maybe once a month. And I generally go for a stout, wheat or lambic if I choose beer, as it is usually only one or two (gone are the days of knocking back a 6 pack of Sam Adams, atc. before heading out tot he local bars)

It all depends for me, I can't do without either. Like wine for a lot of meals (but sadly it's too expensive here), and beer for the outdoor in the Summer or the occasional pub food at home. Rum is my evening relaxation time drink.

For me that is a nature vs nurture problem.
I am French -> I drink wine (genetics).
I live in Germany -> I drink beer
To be precise: I live in Cologne -> I drink Kölsch (local influence)

In short: I drink.
[video=youtube;u1kHHu5J1yI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1kHHu5J1yI[/video]

Beer for cooling off on hot days, or with certain foods, wine the rest of the time.

This for waking up in the morning 1490387613714.jpg

I should say that I probably drink rum and whisky more often than beer this days because I bring the rum from Cuba through friends for dirt cheap when compared to any alcohol here and I get free Scotch and Irish Whisky from my Irish friends so I can "learn to appreciate it" :D

It used to be rum and beer back in the island and in Guadeloupe wine was the every meal thing and rum the weekend stuff.

Mmmm both in far too much quantities.(I am a scaffolder though, kinda a pre requisite..) Fill my flagons from local Emersons brewery, and mostly indulge in kiwi gewurtz and reislings, also central otago pinots when the pocket allows. Occasionally buy a bottle of rum or gin thinking it will last better, then regret that move the next morning.

Scotch is king, next is wine, really like baralo, valtellina supiore, chianti classico riserva, brunello and cava, although rioja is creeping up on me. Beer I like anything but stout and porters. Only liquor I dont like are super sweet chick stuff and poor quality rum

I'm a beer geek. And I also love food and I think you can petty much find a beer that pairs well with any food. I enjoy wine too but to fully enjoy it, I have to be in the right mood, beer I'm happy to drink anytime anywhere. :)

I'm at beer "ground zero" but I miss my Orion Draft; not to mention awamori and Hakushu 12.
Some decent wine dirt cheap here. Will need to start seeking out local gems.

You have to try Reutberger Export Hell, and Reutberger Josefi Bock (the right time now!)....... That is the best beer in the region... Also some very good Wheatbeer from Murnau Karg..... and also superb wheatbeer is UNERTL!

Greets SEbastian.

Thanks Sebastian...I'll look for them. I could take a drive up to Murnau today!
You have to try Reutberger Export Hell, and Reutberger Josefi Bock (the right time now!)....... That is the best beer in the region... Also some very good Wheatbeer from Murnau Karg..... and also superb wheatbeer is UNERTL!

Greets SEbastian.

Beer, wine, spirits. I drink them all. Exploring my way through, I say I've put my flag on beer, so now I only drink stuff I haven't tried before or the ones I'm very fond of. The last favorite I can remember is the Freigeist Sauer Porter, or Ju Jitsu IPA by J. Wakefield. Right now I've been bit by vanilla bombs of whiskey/bourbon/scotch or the sweet honey florals of aged rum. At this moment I'm drinking Smooth Ambler : Old Scout (a whiskey "bourbon").

Last edited:
Beer fresh. Here I like Lanikai brew co. in Kailua. Get it in bomber bottles at Safeway or the brewery itself. Moku Imperial IPA is good. Like the brews from Lagunitas in California and Deschutes in Oregon. Stefan turned me on to Bitburger. The bottles are not pasteurized. It is a good pilsner. I like beer of coarse the sun is out a lot here. Not alone most places I have traveled people like beer.:Beersausage:

Dinner I will cook if you bring the wine other's seem to be able to pick better wines than me.

Beer! Difficult choice over here between more then 1000 varieties :doublethumbsup:

Beer.

I'm currently sitting across the street from Deschutes Brewery waiting for a haircut. So much really nice beer in this town (Bend, Oregon).

I would pick Crux Fermentation Project as my favorite. They do some nice stuff there.

I'm primarily a tea drinker a liter or so hot tea first thing in the morning to start the day off, and I'll gladly guzzle ice tea all day long in the summer time, even with dinner when it's warm weather.
Otherwise I'm very keen on letting the food dictate the appropriate drink. That said, I'm a wine aficionado when it comes to alcoholic beverages.

i live in the middle of Sonoma Wine Country..
Omg, I loved Sonoma wines when I lived in California (preferred them by and large to Napa wines). Being originally from California, one of my absolute favorite wines is of course a classic Zinfandel, preferably unoaked!

I've had a few decent wines matured in nomblot concrete eggs. Very pure tasting, and kinda well knitted together

I live in Germany, but I prefer wine (thuogh on occasion I do enjoy a nice glass of Weizenbier :) ). But rarely German :p

Back