• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Harner and Tansu

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rami_m

Reaction score
Life being what it is I am not cooking as much these days. And I have promised myself there would be no drawer queens.

1. Harner boning knife ( was hoping to break whole joints at some stage but no longer have the time or energy) aebl steel, Hollow ground, basically saw one he made for Huw and shamelessly asked for the same. $330 shipped US or similar.

2. Mert tansu takfu San Mai 210. Excellent knife. Pretty much went and got a wider one so haven't been using this as often. $720 shipped US or similar
Happy to send to mert for a lick of paint so to speak :)

https://flic.kr/p/T5FTtx

https://flic.kr/p/S3dSFr

How thin is the tip?... Will it stand up to bone contact without getting bent?

I am willing to consider reasonable offers on the tansu. Please no low ball offers. No trades at this time please.

Some measurements and details of the Tansu would be helpful.

Will update height measurement tonight once I am back home. Will ping mert for grind details he would know better than me 🙂

This San mai gyuto had one of the thinnest grinds I have ever put on a knife , if it hasn't been sharpened much it should still have the original geometry of Asymmetrical convex , happy to inspect and give some tlc before it goes to the new owner
Mert

How hasn't this sold Rami. I would have been all over it if i didn't have a 195 from Mert and two more on the way

How hasn't this sold Rami. I would have been all over it if i didn't have a 195 from Mert and two more on the way

No idea, it's significantly down from new. I am not too fussed if it doesn't sell to be honest. Mert's work is excellent and I will get back to using it eventually. Just been a bit OCD with all the little fingers in the kitchen at the moment.

No such thing. Everyone needs a few small gyutos in their kit. And Mert does a mean one.

Ba bump. If you are in Australia (or across the ditch) and interested let me know and we will talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back