Itinomonn bunka

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
9vf6tl.jpg

I recently saw this on BST. Immediately wanted it but missed my chance. This is the kind of shape I think I'll enjoy the most, flat like a nakiri, a pointy tip, and some good height to it.
I have already emailed maxim but I haven't gotten a reply for a while. Anybody know where I can score one of these? Or are they not making them anymore?
Also if anyone has experience with this specific blade or this line any info would be appreciated.

I have one that I really enjoy, though it has been thinned quite a lot. Without knowing for sure I think it is a Munetoshi from before Maxim started with that line, just like the butcher knife used to be part of the Itinommon line.
It is white steel and very tough though it does get a really keen edge.
Super fun knife to use and makes me want more from the Munetoshi line.

Lars

I bought one years ago, but it was a wedge monster so I put it away for later as a project knife. It looked like the grind consisted only of the low blade road and the blade side was just flat, no convex or concave. It was completely useless with carrots. As a joke (but not really) I call it "my nakiri for orcs". ;) I'm glad I kept it because I have more experience with different knives now and their pros and cons. I might thin it a bit, or maybe I'll use it for soft veggies and meat. I have many knives and they don't have to be all the same... :)

It sure seems like the grind on the Munetoshi knives though.. Could be wrong of course..

Lars

Just a heads up, watanabe doesn't have a bunka line, I sent him the dimensions (150 L 48H) and a picture of the profile, and this is what I got yesterday in the mail.
Amazing cutter.

Actually, that Nikiri 110, is my first 'New Born' :)

promised my 4 year old son a knife for his birthday...so I build a forge...got some steel...and surprisingly enough...a pretty dam good knife came out of it :)

will probably write up a post about the process, it was pretty educational three weeks.

Actually, that Nikiri 110, is my first 'New Born' :)

promised my 4 year old son a knife for his birthday...so I build a forge...got some steel...and surprisingly enough...a pretty dam good knife came out of it :)

will probably write up a post about the process, it was pretty educational three weeks.

Would love to hear more about this (and the Watanabe Bunka if I'm honest).

The Watanabe cost me about 250 , and that was with the extra for semi custom and a buffalo furl handle

The construction is similar to the 'pro line'

Back