Sydney Restaurants

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badgertooth

Reaction score
Bit of a whirlwind visit to attend a wedding and I may not even get to a restaurant but should the chance arise I'd love to go somewhere nice with the wife as we pretty much never get to go out, the last time we had dinner out, alone, without kids was 2015.

She's pescatarian so anywhere with a good fish or veg representation on the menu would be ace. I think we're on the Northern Beaches somewhere.

Also, more for me, but where is the best burger is Sydney? And I mean yum, drippy burger, not fancy wagyu and truffle burgers.

Yeah, might be Manly if I remember correctly. Won't have a car so will probably have to uber

If you are in manly catch the ferry across to the city amazing trip.

I'll have a think for good restaurants in that area... will be a pricey uber from city to manly.

northern beaches Try Pilu at freshwater, Ormeggio, Jonahs, cottage point inn, sotto sopra, papi chulo

Papi Chulo does a pretty good burger. As for Sydneys best that's a matter of opinion but for me Mary's & burger project are up there.

Last edited:
You guys are literally the best, thanks. Those all look on point.

That is a great idea!

second that...awesome especially during sunset.. probably the cheapest harbour cruise you'll find in town

I ate at Papi Chulo the other week.. it's on Manly wharf but food is very slow so go early or when it's quieter (not even sure if that's possible)

and yeah Mary is decent and simple.. there's not much on the menu except a few choices (they do a pretty awesome fried chicken as well). only issue is I'm not sure there's much good fish or veg representation there.. i remember there's a mushroom burger.

There's actually a burger project as you get off the ferry in the city from Manly (at the gateway centre). I can't comment on this one as I have a branch near where I work but I have never eaten there

My friends swear by Bar Luca and 5 points burger. I have no idea though.. I normally go to Adelaide for my burger fix

Sotto sopra has a really tight focused menu that looks bloody good.

I'm loving the recommendations too guys. I typically stick to cheaper places along the beach when I am up that way.

Back