Greetings from Sweden

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

currenthill

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I just arrived at this forum. I'm a guy from a small town outside of Stockholm in Sweden.

I've been interested in knives, in general, for some time now. But just recently became fascinated by kitchen knives. I also find it meditatively and relaxing to sharpen them.

And as a hobby I make knives for myself, my family and friends.

Best regards,
Stefan

Welcome Stephan? Any pictures of your work we love to drool here.

It's nothing fancy. I just started out making kitchen knives. But I'm a quick learner and that's why I registered at this forum. It seem to hold a vast knowledge on the topic.

This was my first kitchen knife. A Gyuto 210 mm in O1 at 63 HRC. It's 1,80 mm at the spine and 0,15 mm above the edge. It's finished to 2500 grit and polished. The handle is Micarta finished to 2500 grit.

zLgCN2j.jpg

5oDvhSe.jpg

gTIwcOU.jpg

8256OEy.jpg

Youre're absolutely right. I was reading up on how to make sure there is knuckle space, so I overdid it. :)

The heel is slightly shy of 60 mm. I enjoy using it, it feels good in my hand and there's no risk of scraping knuckles, guaranteed.

In the future I will tone that feature down just a bit. I'm actually trying out a smaller profile (a friend was interested in a 180 mm Gyuto) with a wa handle. Fresh out of heat treat, it's also O1 at 63 HRC.

9QQu6LA.jpg

Back