D. Martell For Sale - Some New Old Stock

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
I found a box with some left over NOS stuff from our (now gone) online store.

If you're interested in anything just shoot me a PM along with your zip code and Paypal email address and we'll get it rolling. :)

Prices DO NOT INCLUDE shipping!
(USPS Priority Mail will be used)

Please don't ask for shipping quotes, international will be expensive, we all know this. LOL
:wink:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Qty. 8 - Blue Diamond Honing Spray - 1.0 micron - 2oz - $19.50

*Permanent Suspension Spray

P1010041_zps4o7f2bfo.jpg

Our "Blue Diamond" honing spray is a water based diamond slurry that comes packaged in a convenient pump spray bottle. Unlike other diamond slurries, the diamond particles in our "Blue Diamond" are held in permanent suspension through the use of a binding agent. Our diamond spray will not "settle" and does not require vigorous shaking during use. This means that the same concentration will be available at the first squeeze of the pump as well as the very last.

Man-made monocrystalline diamond powder has been used in our spray. Monocrystalline diamond particles are single crystal structures, blocky in form, and very strong. They will break down in use, however, they do so slowly.

"Blue Diamond" can be used to supercharge felt & leather honing pads. Unlike other diamond sprays our version will not easily cause felt pads to lump and is perfectly safe to use on smooth leather strops. An added feature of using a colored slurry is that you can actually see where you have applied spray to. If you've ever used a white/beige slurry on a white/beige felt pad then you know exactly why this feature is so special.

This product has been tested and approved by us particularly for use on Japanese knives.

Directions: Apply a liberal coating but take care not to soak as damage to pads may occur. I suggest using a layering approach much like you would use while spray painting.

Concentration: Heavy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Qty. 1 - Chromium Oxide - 0.3 micron Powder (3oz) - $18.75

Qty. 7 - Chromium Oxide - 0.3 micron Powder (1.5oz) - $11.00

P1010053_zps1yafqplh.jpg

0.3 Micron - Finest Available!

Pure Chromium Oxide Powder - 0.3 micron

Our chromium oxide is 99.9% pure. It's predominant particle size is a maximum of 0.3 micron in size although it may contain particles smaller than that even. This compound should not be confused with the more commonly found larger particle sized chromium oxide sold elsewhere (which is rated @ 0.3-0.5 micron) as our compound is significantly finer.

After having used and tested all forms of chromium oxide on the market we have concluded that this particular compound is the finest available - bar none.

Use as a honing compound to be applied to felt honing pads and leather strops. Sprinkle on the surface and rub in - simple as that.

Comes in a removable screw top storage tub

Qty. 1 - Cutting Board Wax (Large - 16oz) Plastic Container - $17.00

Qty. 2 - Cutting Board Wax (Small - 8oz) Glass Container - $9.00

P1010135resized2_zpsb21502ee.jpg
*Note - picture shows glass containers, see above product description for details on what's actually available.

100% Pure Beeswax & Food Grade Mineral Oil Mix

This "cutting board & knife handle wax" is a custom blend of 100% pure beeswax (purchased from local Amish folks) and food grade mineral oil. It's made by us so we know exactly what's in the mix - no additives - just beeswax and mineral oil.

Uses: Wood cutting boards/butcher blocks, wood bowls, wooden utensils, knife blocks, wood knife racks, & knife handles.

This wax works especially well on Japanese ho wood handles and sayas. It pulls the dirt out while leaving behind a protective barrier.

To use: Spread a liberal amount onto wood surface and allow to set in for 5 - 10 minutes. Buff off excess with a clean soft cloth/rag. Repeat once a week for cutting boards. Mixture can be warmed (if desired) in the microwave to help spread easier and to absorb into the wood better.

If you can think of an even semi reasonable way of shipping the chromium oxide powder i'd be game :knife:

Current Availability

Qty. 8 7 -
Blue Diamond Honing Spray - 1.0 micron - 2oz - $19.50

Qty. 7 6 - Chromium Oxide - 0.3 micron Powder (1.5oz) - $11.00

Qty. 1 - Cutting Board Wax (Large - 16oz) Plastic Container - $17.00

Current Availability

Qty. 8 7 -

Qty.7 6 - Chromium Oxide - 0.3 micron Powder (1.5oz) - $11.00

Cutting Board Wax (Large - 16oz) Plastic Container -$17.00

Ok one big and one small chromium oxide paste for me please. :D valgard is splitting shipping

Dave, I'll take one of everything left on your list.

I'll just note that I haven't found a better diamond 'juice' than Dave's...get it while you can:)

Yep, Dave's diamond solution is the best I have ever had.

Tru dat.

Dave - No felt laying around? Another best of breed.

And hook me up with a bottle of blue. Please.

Sorry no felt. :( But, I need some myself so maybe one day soon I'll order a batch.

Thanks for the order Dave.

Current Availability

Qty. 2 -

Qty. 1 - Chromium Oxide - 0.3 micron Powder (1.5oz) - $11.00

Thanks to everyone who has purchased and to the folks leaving kind words here as well! :)

Current Availability

Qty. 1 -

I wanted to add a few tips here for the chromium oxide buyers, just some things I've learned the hard way using this stuff....

1. Don't open the jar anywhere at all near an open window or running fan. In fact, be in a still room, by yourself, in silence.

2. A little goes too far, use less.

3. Never - EVER - sneeze while the jar is open. :scared4:

I have the following available.....

Prices DO NOT INCLUDE shipping!
(USPS Priority Mail will be used)

USA only

Qty. 2 - Chromium Oxide - 0.3 micron Powder (1.5oz) - $11.00

P1010053_zps1yafqplh.jpg

0.3 Micron - Finest Available!

Pure Chromium Oxide Powder - 0.3 micron

Our chromium oxide is 99.9% pure. It's predominant particle size is a maximum of 0.3 micron in size although it may contain particles smaller than that even. This compound should not be confused with the more commonly found larger particle sized chromium oxide sold elsewhere (which is rated @ 0.3-0.5 micron) as our compound is significantly finer.

After having used and tested all forms of chromium oxide on the market we have concluded that this particular compound is the finest available - bar none.

Use as a honing compound to be applied to felt honing pads and leather strops. Sprinkle on the surface and rub in - simple as that.

Comes in a removable screw top storage tub

The big one is gone, only these left....

Qty. 2 - Chromium Oxide - 0.3 micron Powder (1.5oz) - $11.00

Back