"grind in"/make your own knife 13-14 may.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDalman

Unsupportive Member
Reaction score
I've had this in mind, and gone over it a couple of times and it's doable. So lets try..

13-14 may. Two days fairly intensive knifemaking. 2000 sek each three or four participants. This is including crashing at my house.

You'll get to make your kitchen knife with me showing the ropes, I can also help getting the knives last bit to cutting well if needed. We will be cutting, heat treating, grinding, finishing, making handle and fitting them. Most time will be spent on the blade. We can even play with waterquenching and hamons (with backup blades cut hehe ;))

It's very dirty, as well as a little dangerous, work. I'll look into and possibly you need to sign some waiver or so, but ofc we'll start with some basic machine handling and safety stuff.

You'll need to be in Stockholm, Stureby, early saturday.

If more people than I can fit are interested, customers will be prioritized. Shoot me a email or pm if you want to come :thumbsup:

woooosh that's alot. If you find something let me know :) There may be one spot left. Anton is coming from russia :doublethumbsup:

A pity I don't live in Stockholm... for multiple reasons (nice city, too).

that is AWESOME!!!
+1 to possibly doing this again next year? Would love to take part in this and be about to take it into account next time around

Definately! If it goes well (no major hurts, knives get made, happy participants) I'll try to arrange it regularly and with good time to plan ahead. There seems to be alot of interest :knife:

Really good initiative Robin! I would love to join, but it might be a bit too tight this time! If you host another, I will definitely show up!

... And finish off the whole experience with a Periphery gig on saturday night? :)

... And finish off the whole experience with a Periphery gig on saturday night? :)

Haha to get knives done in two days they're going to have to work for it 😇 probably too ambitios going to a concert. Thanks for the tip tho!

I can put this here also, that the participants are set. Two local guys, Anton from russia, and Zetieum coming in from germany.

Some have probably seen a little on instagram, but I gathered the few pics I shot in a imgur album; https://imgur.com/gallery/sdOfx

And a couple of instagram links;
Anton waterquenching, he was sort of amazed and forgot about time... https://www.instagram.com/p/BUDEgXggrJi/
And evaluation :p
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUFgwhkFVqV/

All in all a great weekend. Thanks guys, I had a great time.

Yeah!! Was a fantastic week-end. I still have to sort my pics! Great pics Anton!!! And hhanks again Robin :)

I hate you Zetieum! ;)
Dammmmmneeeed This must have been hyper fun of doom 3000!
The Pictures are awesome!
You never stop smiling ;)

Well i guess i can try this blade on saturday!

Seeya, Daniel!

It is so obvious from the photos that you guys had a blast!

Robin, something tells me that this was just their first one out of many :)

Yes, it was amazing. I am still under the good mood of it. @krassi: BTW we are supposed to meet on Friday.

Positive on friday.
And I hate you, too.
Yes, it was amazing. I am still under the good mood of it. @krassi: BTW we are supposed to meet on Friday.

Last edited:
Happy for all three of you. Looks like a fine teacher and great students.

Back